Change font size
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:49 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: anyone going to Sweetgrass feb 12-27th? or even after
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:53 am 
Somehow completely sideways in 4th

I have a "free" transfer case offered to me. I have issues with UPS's fraudulent business model of getting the buiness in the US by appearing to undercut competitors, then recouping the remainder plus 150% from the receiver as ficticious handling fees. They get the business under false pretenses, so I will not use them, at least for cross border transactions. We feel this item with good packaging may likely be over the 66 lb USPS limit...

So. anyywaaay...

I was thinking I would have it send to Sweetgrass as hold for pick up, if I could put something together for a pick up. I thought I'd run this by you guys, as my intial plan to have my sister's guy pick it up fell through. Fortunately, it's not shipped yet.

We're talking something 50+ pounds, greasy and potentially a leaker if you have bad luck. Theorectically the shipper will have to deal with most of that before it is shippable from Colorado, but I'd plan for the worst. I'd pay something for help this.. I dunno $25? $40? you tell me... it would only make sense if you were going already.

If the 142 is ready (and I am going to start making a serious effort that way) I am going to the IPD show in May and see family along the way. My GF's parents and my Mom are all CDN's living in Portland. So if it gets too late in spring, I might just count on picking it up when doing that, in which case I would have to reread the notes when you guys were having problems with this last year.
I'd probably take time off work, so I could go through there during weekday business hours, which as I took it, meant most of the problems were moot.

Post subject: Re: anyone going to Sweetgrass feb 12-27th? or even after
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:39 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

Hi Ian,

I'm not heading that way for a while. They will hold for a couple of weeks only.

Craig

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]