Change font size
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:28 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: V70 running issues
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:55 am 
Bone stock

I got a code for the O2 sensor(bank 1 sensor 1) and the car just stopped running. I then changed the O2 sensor, and still, the car won't start. It did throw a couple of other codes at me though. DTC P0103, and Turbo wastegate solenoid A malfunction. Now, its the second code related to the boost control solenoid? And what does that other code mean? I looked it up, and it has something to do with the mass airflow sensor. Any help would be appriciated!

Post subject: Re: V70 running issues
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:38 am 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

sounds like it could be the famous abs module issue. known to cause problems will all kinds of random systems at random times. simple job to repair.
Thats the only repair tip I know for front drive cars!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:07 am 
Bone stock

ABS module issue? Could you go into detail about it? Its the AWD by the way ; ) now, it seems to me that this could be some kind of vaccum issue, I had to take the turbo air inlet hose off to get to the O2 sensor, but everything seems to be in order. Could this somehow be related to the MAF sensor? Or is the boost control solenoid doing it?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:32 am 

Have you done the module fix in a FWD car, Athal? Roberta's car's went and I can barely even see the damn thing, let alone get at it. It hasn't caused a single issue otherwise, but she just left for Penticton in it with our kid and her parents, so hopefully it doesn't cause trouble.

I wonder if you lost or blew a turbo hose or something like that, Unico. The O2 sensor might have read a flaky measurement, throwing a code, but only as a result of all the extra metered air going through the AMM (which might have also thrown a code for the same reason). That would also explain why it won't run. Could even explain why the boost solenoid doesn't seem to be responding, throwing a code for that.

Check your boost hoses, and your intercooler for a crack.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:02 pm 

i did it on a c70. easy to access attached to the brake distribution box. if you google volvo abs module you should get lots of hits.
always a good idea to check for leaks as matt says though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:41 pm 
Hiring a japanese chess champion as ECU

I don't think it will be the ABS module

Check all your intercooler pipes, see if they have torn, or popped off. Follow all the way from turbo to intake.

If it checks out ok, try tapping your MAF sensor and see if it will fire, if it does, tap it again and see if it dies.

Common problems related to turbo control issue, usually turn out to be the turbo control valve, but that won't cause a no start.

Try unplugging the maf sensor also, see if it will fire, it will just go into limp home mode.

Jordan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:59 pm 
Bone stock

Ok so I got it to start up again, it was the MAF sensor after all! The cylinders were just too flooded to start, so I took out the plugs, ran the starter to clear the cylinders, and unplugged the MAF sensor, tried it again, and it came back to life! Only problem now is getting another MAF sensor, been using the one off of my dad's 98 T5, thankfully both my parents and I drive the same(ish) cars!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:59 pm 

What year/engine?

WorldPac shows 2 in stock in the Calgary warehouse for a B5254T and not as expensive as you might think...

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:40 am 
Strapping on extra booster rockets

Pylon wrote:
What year/engine?

WorldPac shows 2 in stock in the Calgary warehouse for a B5254T and not as expensive as you might think...

That isn't a terribly painfully expensive MAF from worldpac as Dale says...

Never the less, one always "follows me home" from the JY. I'd charge $50 for two and try to test them, but if one isn't perfect, the other probably works.

Beware some of the "rebuilt" ones. If you plan on keeping the car, I'd consider getting a new one. Use a paper air filter, make sure the pre-heat stuff (if it has it...turbos don't always) works right or not at all and you should avoid it failing much if ever. New fords...er...volvos eat mafs sooner than the old ones lol...old ones mostly from crappy air filters or the pre-heat going bad or crankcase breather oozing oil more so than MAF being defective on its own.

They hate heat, vibration or oil.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:18 pm 
Bone stock

Where would I go to find a new MAF sensor? Wheres this calgary warehouse, and can I just go in a buuy direct from the warehouse or something?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:23 am 

Spence wrote:
Where would I go to find a new MAF sensor? Wheres this calgary warehouse, and can I just go in a buuy direct from the warehouse or something?

You need to read some other threads... :wink:

Some of the board members (including me) have wholesale accounts at 1 or more parts warehouses. These are the warehouses where all the independent auto parts stores and mechanics shops buy their parts. You can't buy from them unless you have an account. If you provide the information I requested a few posts back, I can see if the part is in stock and how much it is.

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:12 am 
Bone stock

I need a Mass airflow sensor for a B5254T engine. The car is a 98 V70 AWD, how much would that cost me new from the warehouse?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:07 pm 

PM sent. I try to not make a habit of discussing prices publicly...

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]