Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:05 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Thanks for the tip, Athal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:44 pm 
I can take anything apart.

Thanks to Athal's tip I went out to PYP on Sunday and got a lot of the stuff I'm going to need to convert my 940T over to a manual tranny. There was an '85 740 GLE out there with a manual in it so I got the clutch pedal assy, the entire shift console, the shifter & shift boots, the clutch cable, tranny support member and the entire driveshaft. I also snagged the OD wiring harness and took the gauge cluster just to see if I might be able to replace the American MPH/kph speedo in the 940 with a Canadian KPH one.

The whole lot only cost me $65 since it was half price last weekend. SWEET !! That stuff would've cost me about $400 or more from a full service wrecker so I'm very happy about it. 8)

Thanks for the head's up, Athal ! You saved me a bundle of dough. There's a cold one over here with your name on it the next time you're in the neighbourhood.

Roj

P.S. I think this will make a lot of you pretty envious. I had my (new) GF out there helping me on Sunday (and she was a big help) and she said she rather liked it and had a good time. And as I think Dale will concur, to top it all off she's pretty darned cute. Now that's a KEEPER for sure ! :D

<|> You WILL be Assimilated
<|> Notwithstanding that, have a nice day. :)
<|>
<|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:59 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

Good stuff on ALL fronts roj :wink: Always keepin an eye out for the boys i am!

Post subject: Re: Thanks for the tip, Athal
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:24 am 

Roj wrote:
P.S. I think this will make a lot of you pretty envious. I had my (new) GF out there helping me on Sunday (and she was a big help) and she said she rather liked it and had a good time. And as I think Dale will concur, to top it all off she's pretty darned cute. Now that's a KEEPER for sure ! :D

right on for getting the parts!

as for the GF, and envy... :wink:

Jenni turns wrenches when i ask her too...but she has also been brought up with "volvo nuts" around her so i guess it's expected...just gotta get some lingo down then it'll be all good!

ciao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:30 am 

Hows about borrowing me that pressure washer if you still have it? As much as I love beer, I could really use a pressure washer to clean the engine bays of my two motor-less cars!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]