Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 41 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: 242 sleeper project
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:22 pm 
You bud when can i come by and grab some parts, i have money burning a hole in my pocket and a broken down volvo in the driveway 8)

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:42 pm 
Canadian Tire Bolt ons

porvolvo wrote:
You bud when can i come by and grab some parts, i have money burning a hole in my pocket and a broken down volvo in the driveway 8)

as soon as i find the keys to my trunk! which should be really really soon. probably tomorrow or something but this weekend or sometime next week, you'll be the first to know!

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:15 am 
Canadian Tire Bolt ons

does anyone know of a good manifold that i can get to fit a t3? i feel really sketched out getting one off of eBay or if i can get one made here in town? just don't really feel like blowing a brand new turbo with crappy parts...

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:57 am 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

Try R-Sport International for a header, or I've got a stock early manifold in my garage. You won't "blow" a turbo with a bad manifold, but the cheap manifolds will crack and fall apart if the flange is even mounted correctly by now.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:53 am 

Ugly Duck wrote:
Try R-Sport International for a header, or I've got a stock early manifold in my garage. You won't "blow" a turbo with a bad manifold, but the cheap manifolds will crack and fall apart if the flange is even mounted correctly by now.

And if you're really quick about it we can bring it back. We're in Portland for another 24 hours... :D

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:01 pm 
Canadian Tire Bolt ons

Pylon wrote:
And if you're really quick about it we can bring it back. We're in Portland for another 24 hours... :D

sorry just looked at the forum, going to hold off on a bit right now gotta save my monies so i can get a lot of parts at once to keep me busy for the time being.

Ugly Duck wrote:

I am looking at RSI for a few performance parts, my fear with buying a ebay header was slag in the mani that i couldn't see and it flying in to my turbo.

little update on the car itself though, ordered some stereo parts through Crutchfield hoping to get my nice deck in!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:21 pm 
Canadian Tire Bolt ons

did a little bit of work.. nothing over the top, i painted my grille and headlight surrounds flat black, really just waiting on a chance for my dad to give me a hand dropping my motor and tranny... really wanting to get that going. but once i start my apprentice job I am going to be dropping a bit of money in to my car. one thing that i found that is a royal pain in my but is the plastic piece that makes the signal light self cancel is broken #-o :roll: well i see i have to take off the wheel to change it, tried to do that but do not have the tools to do it! figures hopefully will get it done soon, this way i can use the gt steering wheel cover.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:06 pm 

The Princess (AKA Princess Auto) carries steering wheel pullers for cheap and they work (you're not using it every day). I've also had pretty good luck just yoinking on the wheel really hard.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:30 am 
Canadian Tire Bolt ons

i was planning on yoinking on the wheel :lol: but i just dont have a socket that will fit the nut... oh well I'm heading to princess auto tomorrow anyway!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:55 am 

I've never had to use a steering wheel puller on a Volvo, you should just need the socket.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:11 pm 
Canadian Tire Bolt ons

I just really wanted to take off the steering wheel so i could change my signal canceler cause it somehow broke from the previous owner...

anyway! great news! i got my self a new turbo! gotta take some pics of it but i will let those do the talking 8)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 41 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3