Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:31 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 41 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: 242 sleeper project
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:38 am 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

Thanks for the update - just wanted to let you know that we're hear - albeit a little quiet of late.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:51 pm 
Canadian Tire Bolt ons

122_Canuck wrote:
Thanks for the update - just wanted to let you know that we're hear - albeit a little quiet of late.

Thank you so much, i will most likely need some help in the near future, but with some basic questions of megasquirt. parts for me lately have been hard to come by, i thought about just buying a EFI 244 because every time i go to pick n pull everything i need is always gone :roll: but not a big deal. i don't think much progress will happen from now till chirstmas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:35 pm 
Canadian Tire Bolt ons

well back from a little hibernation, hope everyone had a fantastic new year and christmas! but on to the good stuff. nothing immediate, ordered a few parts from IPD. have a cam, cam gear, sway bars, stainless steel brake lines, and a few other goodies coming in very shortly [-o<

megasquirt is making its way to being done no real rush though. kinda cold out to be working outside with no garage especially with the body work. hope to have everything up and running by mid spring fingers crossed though!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:07 am 
Canadian Tire Bolt ons

well got some good news and bad news, good news finally getting started on the full efi swap with MSIII. bad news... car may need a complete reshell. rust is a little crazy underneath the car and don`t know how good i can weld new sheet metal over the rusted out parts. :( pains me to say because i don`t want to lose one of very few coupes left in calgary, but if we do decide to do a reshell everything is most likely going in to a 245. will post some pictures of the cancer later so you can get a rough idea of what we are going to be dealing with.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:41 pm 

Rust replacement panels are available for the car...but if you can find a reasonable shell, that's a better option. Later cars are galvanized and less rust prone.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:00 pm 
Canadian Tire Bolt ons

well if it was just all body rust i wouldn't mind doing all the body work, thats why i bought a welder. the rust is just a little bit more.... cancerous. Image

thats the front half of the frame, i really wish saving this car was an option. but going to the wagon direction.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:58 pm 

Ouch that's nasty. Time to find a better start point.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:57 pm 
Canadian Tire Bolt ons

there is that 82 GL sedan that i am looking at... i really wanted to save one of the very few coupe's left in calgary. but on to other things! people don't think sedans are racecars so it'll still be a blast. plus added doors wouldn't be all that bad! i will keep you guys updated with the slow progress i do make

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:29 pm 
Canadian Tire Bolt ons

well i did what i said i didn't want to do... i got an automatic 244 but for the price i got it for i can't really be complaining especially with all the recent work done to it. its a white 91 in decent condition. did my 83 front end swap on it since the other one had damage done to it. will get pictures up later today!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:05 pm 
Canadian Tire Bolt ons

well a little delay but pics as promised

there is only one slight thing that is bothering me right now. my hood isn't sitting properly and i am missing one hub cap :roll: but beggers can't be choosers! this is the white one that was on kijiji not that long ago and i think i already said, i scooped it up for only 200 bucks!

but if anyone has a tip to help the hood line up with the fender please let me know!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:16 am 

Hood alignment: first align the hood with the parts that don't move. So the cowl fit is first. ensure that the hood and cowl gap are consistent. Then move the fenders/cowl support to provide the proper gap along the sides.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:47 pm 
Canadian Tire Bolt ons

okay thank you, i am looking to get to play around with it a bit this week. hoping for the best but lets see how these things work, cars are going to be stripped really soon, as i am moving and need 2 out of 3 of them gone.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:36 pm 
i really would like to buy the control pressure regulator off of you ASAP.
do you also have black interior carpet in one of those 240's

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:27 pm 
Canadian Tire Bolt ons

You have a PM sir.

but i think you guys can see the hub caps clearly! feel kind of bad asking but if anyone has an extra one laying around or something i would be more than happy to take it off of your hands! i really dislike having one missing. but beggers cant be choosers.

i am having trouble lining my fenders and my hood up, the main problem i am having is that my hood wont pop when i pull the wire #-o i have tried the intelligent way but so far that has given me no luck! so time for brute force and ignorance!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:15 pm 
Canadian Tire Bolt ons

So bad news today. looking around my back yard to see if i could find my other 2 virgos that came off the front only to find that someone had stolen one :evil: i had new tires line up and everything luckily i have 4 more but the principle of it all just really grinds my gears. but good job taking a 5x108 rim =D>

enough ranting now... sadly i had to cut my hood open :roll: no biggie there is no damage to the hood just had to cut the latch off thankfully i have 2 more laying around! if anyone need K jet parts i have all of them left except for my control pressure regulator porvolvo already called dibs on that. hopefully going to have it registered and on the road in the next couple days/weeks

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 41 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next