Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Turbo Weirdness
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:48 am 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

Ugly Duck wrote:
You could try putting bigger injectors in there again, I'm betting the ECU was the problem with trim and not LH itself.

What I've learned is that you would also have to put in the 3" MAF from the 960 to get it to scale correctly. I would also call into question most generic chip tunes. I'm not really sold on the idea based on what I can gather. There is still a lot going on in that black box (not by modern standards...but) that we don't understand. It's no where near as flexible as a modern standalone. Also, no evidence of need with this current set up. So unless I give it more air, there really is no need.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:44 am 

But for research purposes, you'd know if the ECU truly is maxed out, or if you truly need the big AMM. IIRC you downsized injectors based on the belief that the ECU couldn't handle them, but it was the ECU that was the problem all along, and you haven't tried injectors any larger than what you've got in there now since swapping to the stock ECU. You suggest that these are the biggest you can run but if I've got it straight, you haven't actually determined that.

You don't need them in your current setup so I understand the lack of desire to mess with it for no concrete reason. I thought it would interest you to find out though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:07 pm 

With you 100% on this one...I'd like to go back and work it all through and once again, I'm back to empirical internet evidence that says LH can't scale the 440 cc/min 0280155968 injector on the stock MAF. About a half dozen guys tried it a long time ago and this is what started the flame war on Tbrix that Dale stomped out. You know that I've got 2 960 3" MAF's - so it could happen with almost no effort for a test.

I don't see the point in adding more injector to prove that LH can't handle more injector unless we just wanted to gather that data. For that matter, I could chip the current ECU and verify if it was the chip and not some other random fault with the ECU. What I see is a slippery slope. Now if our little community was full of folks that wanted to run LH2.4 in a 240 then I'd do it to support the group. The rest of the world seems to have moved on. Sure you could run 20 psi and get it close to 300 HP and I've got the bottom end and head to do just that, but on a 15G you're way off the efficiency island blowing hot air at your barely capable intercooler into your somewhat crappy intake manifold. [And I could buy a new IC and have the parts to build a kick-ass sheetmetal manifold] - then I may as well ditch the exhaust manifold and then my 2.5" exhaust starts to look like it's a bit undersized for all this fun. :lol: :lol:

So I'd end up working on this car instead of just enjoying it. Man, I've got to get the suspension working and new sticky-ass tires for next year and hopefully smile next summer.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3