Change font size
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 12:51 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Damn... :(
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:07 pm 
I can take anything apart.

Grrrr.....

I had a bit of an accident with my ('94) 940T yesterday. I came into the left hand turn lane at the intersection of Shaganappi and 32nd Ave NW heading north on Shag. :x I was going very slow but there was no gravel further back from the stop line so it was icy as hell. I think there was a bit of gravel further up nearer the stop line because the car 2 cars in front of me somehow managed to stop before going into the intersection. The minivan in front of me stopped by gently running into the first car but there was no way I could stop. I slid for what seemed forever and did not slow down a bit before I tapped the rear end of the mini-van. As luck would have it I managed to tap it just hard enough to trigger both airbags and to make matters worse the passenger side airbag has spidered the windshield. :cry:

There was no damage at all to the mini van. Not a scratch. When I stepped out of the car to check if there was any damage to the minivan I immediately slipped and fell down. I slipped and fell again trying to get back to get inside my car. I was wearing very grippy winter boots at the time. That's how slippery it was there. No wonder I couldn't stop in time. The city dropped gravel in the two lanes going straight through the intersection but they didn't drop any in the left hand turn lane.

The only other damage to my car is to the front bumper. It's not really damaged it's more like pushed back a bit on the driver's side. It looks like it's just the shock that's compressed and the bumper should be able to spring back into position but something seems to be jamming it. As a result, the plastic bumper trim touches the driver's side front tire if I try to point the car straight or make a left turn. The car is completely driveable, however, if I just want to go in a right circle. That's why I had to have the car towed here.

I've got the car back home now and I'm going to try and get the bumper pulled back out so I can drive the car while I wait to get it in the shop for an estimate and get the work done. Anyone ever taken the front bumper off a 940 before ? I could use some tips if you have any.

All I can say is that airbags are @#$*%$! stupid things. I was only going a few mph when I hit that other car. There was absolutely no need for those things to go off. I suffered more injuries BECAUSE of the airbag (a slight cut on my forehead.) and the only real damage that occurred to my car happened BECAUSE of the damn airbags. If I was driving the 240 there wouldn't have been any damage to anything and I would've just driven away with no consequence. Ya call that progress ?! Ha ! No way !! I should've disconnected those airbags right after I got the car through it's inspections and got it registered. I'm damn well going to disconnect the damn things when I get the car back and if that makes a warning light on the dash go off I'll damn well disconnect the light too !

I'm totally pissed and bummed right now. Stupid F**KING airbags ! Whose brilliant idea was it to put them in all the new cars ? It's just a way for the auto industry to make tons more money. Rant rant rant rant...

Roj :x :cry:

<|> You WILL be Assimilated
<|> Notwithstanding that, have a nice day. :)
<|>
<|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:11 pm 
747 Jet engine being stuffed into trunk

Stupid airbags... The passenger side always break the windshield. I don't have this crap in my car and I don't feel less safe.

Sorry for you car. Hey! Welcome to the club of the misaligned bumper!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:30 am 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

that sucks man sorry to hear...plus one for the no airbag comment, i agree, at least in an old Volvo i agree, other vehicles i may disagree but Volvo's....dont need em

ciao

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]