Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: 1966 122s
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:52 pm 
Bone stock

Hi,

I figure you guys could be a useful resource as I continue work on the 122s

After getting laid off last year then finding a newer better job I opened up the classic section of Kijiji and found this- i knew nothing about volvos except reliable and figures it was a great starting point for getting to know classic cars. It hadn't run in 7 years but the guy had worked on bits of it constantly. As a results when I put the spark plug leads in the right order and turned the distrubutor 180 it ran.. well enough. I drove it every week last year and I've just ordered new carbs for this year at which point I hope it will run brilliantly.

I've been buffing the radiator and everything else under the hood, swapping in shiny new bits and rubbing everything down with mothers. really it's alot of fun to own and drive and turns head. Last year one guy on the deerfoot in a mini cooper s was waving excitedly like crazy at us (and we weren't even on fire at the time). the guys in american muscle cars give the thumbs up as we cruise around calgary new brewery districts. (hey i bet some guys here would be up for a volvo brewery meet :))

I've move on from subaru's years ago to a family toyota prado (95) and now volvos... assume this means we're getting more mature.

..just realized I may be in the wrong section as there's not a whole lotta 'build' left to do at the moment

Post subject: Re: 1966 122s
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:15 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

Good looking car! I missed the Stanley Park show last year so I guess I missed seeing this car there.

Take some more pictures, post 'em up!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:19 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

By the way, there are at least a half dozen Amazons/120/Canadians kicking around this board. And yeah, we've all gotten "mature" too, somehow.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:29 pm 
Bone stock

now I remember how I found you guys - I was trying to find volvo red engine paint - I think someone on here used rustoleum regal red with pretty good success. I just ordered a bunch of stuff from skandix and forgot to include the paint now I don't want to pay shipping again...

anyway some other pics;

was getting bullied into putting the original wheel on - but they need to be painted - this was a sample for the wife to give input....

this'll be the last thing to go on before the stanley park event this year... from that guy in greece that sells all the shiny bits for the amazon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:30 am 
Somehow completely sideways in 4th

Very nice! Memories... my first car, in 1976 (I had only a motorcycle for quite a few years) was a 1965 in that colour. Never looked that good but went a lot of places.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]