Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: A few pics of my daily pile..
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:14 pm 
Strapping on extra booster rockets

There was a little bit of light left after work, so I decided to go for a bit of a drive and then take a couple of pictures of the car as it looked that nday, dirty as it is.

And then back to work where I sliced the cat out off and threw a K-cam and K-cam ignition dist on it to take a little bit of the slow out of it and make the drive home a bit more entertaining!
Let the heckling ensue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:20 pm 
0-60 in VERY FAST

James.. didn't realize you had a non sunroof dream 242!

What happened to the redwood metallic seam welded 242 shell? Are all your goodies suspension wise on this car?

Looking good anyway... for a 4x4 :P (you know I have to throw that in there).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:11 pm 
granny_star

dude your camera has exposure issues on the outside shots! James - lemmie at it ;)

(my charger came! I can make full use of my camera again!!! REJOYCE!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:14 am 
Strapping on extra booster rockets

Geoff240Ti wrote:
James.. didn't realize you had a non sunroof dream 242!

What happened to the redwood metallic seam welded 242 shell? Are all your goodies suspension wise on this car?

Looking good anyway... for a 4x4 :P (you know I have to throw that in there).

HAHA! I pulled up next to Pat (Tuff240) and he rolls down his passenger window from his lowly position and shouts over "you should lower that 4x4!"
I think I may drop it a slight bit, since it is nearly topped out in the front.

It is no dream, I just found it one day, and know the car well. I'm the second owner, but it definitely isn't perfect or anything. Some of it has been repainted, decently well, but repainted. I do like it though, and I've just been driving it a little while to get to know it. Nothing whatever has gone wrong that I haven't caused.

However, I have been through 3 motor mounts, brakes once (turned blue and smoked a lot as as soon as I got the airdam on it and spent a night getting it sideways solely threshold trail braking it at high speed), 1 spindle (early type), 2 headlight switches (H4s+fogs==death to headlight switch apparently), and a few other "interesting" wear items. At 300K miles, the B21 is getting a little tired. It never was a screamer, but the car has had the oil changed pretty often, but often with penzoil (what the dealer uses...those rat bastards), so the head definitely has buildup...and has never been off the car either.

The stitched shell will probably just get parted off the rest of the way and smooshed. There is a lot I'd do differently, and I much prefer this particular car do to my familiarity with it mostly, and that it is a non-sunroof 5-panel flathood DL as a starting place too.

Kat...if you look at the plate...it could be a bit of a drive, but if you are up for it, I suck at taking pictures. The pictures were taken at sunset, so the darker one is actually basically the same picture, but darker IIRC.

I'll try to take some pictures of the inside, now that I'm mostly done with it except the dash. Sitting in a nice GT seat is a good change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:40 am 
granny_star

I'm blind, does that say oregon?

Next year darlin, next year....I may head down that way for that ipd garage sale of goodness ;)

(sadly, this year it happens the weekend after I get back from Ontario for my civic duty....(aka visiting fam I haven't seen for three years and getting the ultimate guilt trips). Much as my lawyers love me, I don't think they'd appreciate me running off to oregon right after getting back from ontario.

Course, it would give one of them more reason to laugh at me.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]