Change font size
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 9:10 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: 1998 S70 T5 Turbo - for sale - Calgary
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:49 am 
First Poster!!!

Hello Calgary Volvo Club members,

First post here. My wife and I live in Calgary and are interested in selling our 1998 S70 Turbo. We are going to take it to a couple places in town this weekend and see how much they might offer for it, but as it needs some minor body tinkering I thought it might be a good fit with some of the members here who like to do that sort of thing (I am definitely not a mechanic!) So I thought I’d put a post up here first, it is not yet listed on Kijiji or any other site. Also haven’t set an offer price yet – I looked up Black Book / Gold book rates and know what the 'book' wholesale rate is for this particular year/model, and will have the other quotes on the weekend, but really am just looking for a fair offer.

Reason for selling is that we only need one car and just upgraded to a new S60 last August. Kept the S70 as we thought extended family might have some use to borrow it occasionally, but for the amount of use it’s getting we’d rather have the extra garage space back!

So, I am interested in seeing if there is anyone here on the board that might find this a great addition to their Volvo fleet. If we knew how to do the work ourselves and enjoyed that work we would probably keep it (I know Volvos are known to keep running for well beyond this current mileage), but only needing the one car for daily use while having to pay shop labour rates for the upkeep on the older vehicle doesn’t make sense for our situation. Thanks for your consideration!

1998 S70 T5 (Turbo), 4-dr sedan

~234,700km
Automatic transmission

Dark blue metallic

- Car has been in our family, second owners, since ~55,000km.
- Mainly city driving in last 5 years.
- From July 2006 to Jan 2012 has clocked just 60,000km = 10,900km on average per year during that timeframe (Calgary commuting) – both winter and summer driving as it was our only car.

Exterior:

Dark metallic blue paint (original)
Some minor body work needed:
- the last family member to borrow the car had a minor incident where they love-tapped a concrete pillar while reversing in underground parking lot (next time they can get a rental!) As a result, on front drivers side, the turn signal lens needs to be replaced, the metal panel where bumper meets signal light needs to be popped out (seems slightly pushed in), and the bumper has some scrapes. Of course this would happen just before we were considering listing for sale, isn’t that always the way?
- small indentation on middle of door on passenger’s side (not dented – not even visible really except in the light)
- some paint is cracked and chipping off rear bumper from when an F150 tapped from behind on icy hill in Calgary winter 2009

Interior:

Interior in very good condition including leather. Very clean.

Other notable features:

- Black leather seats front and back
- Sunroof
- CD player + stereo in great shape (does anyone still use CDs?)
- has passthrough, plus rear seats fold 60/40
- also just had a new synthetic oil change done when winters got put on (a few weeks, or 100km, ago)

Tires
- Winter tires on rims: bought a new set of 4 Hankook Winter iPike tires (195/65R15) in fall of 2010, they have only had one season of winter driving on them (Winter 2010-Spring 2011 – and with the mileage quoted above you know that isn’t much!) Just put them on the car again this year in January 2012 so they have had a whopping 100km so far in winter 2011-2012. Might consider selling these separately depending on offers and how the car is negotiated to be sold with either a seller here or a dealer/shop in town. Winters have their own Volvo hub caps on them too.

- summers/all-seasons are on separate rims – were purchased when car at 171,000km and were estimated by Tire Pirates/TireLand when the changeover happened a couple weeks ago to have one, maybe two seasons left based on current tread depth. They also have Volvo hub caps too. I think they are Continentals (? – bagged in the garage now)

Many parts replaced in the last few years including:

June 2011 (231,500km)
- LH & RH axel shafts
- Left control arm & ball joint

April 2010 (215,400km)
- front shocks
- front brake rotors + pads; brake hoses
- steering links
- right front control arm
- lower front motor mount

Nov 2007
- ABS control unit
- hand brake

Sept 2007
- starter motor

Aug 2007
- front + back brake rotors and pads

March 2007
- Mass Airflow Sensor

July 2006 (171,600km)
- Last major service at Valentine, “D” level

Also, the timing belt was definitely replaced, at some point post 160,000km mileage, but of course that is the one invoice in this pile I can’t find!!! Rest of records are available.

Thanks!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]