Change font size
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:19 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:55 pm 
I can take anything apart.

So what's happening with this ? Update me pls.

Thx,

Roj

<|> You WILL be Assimilated
<|> Notwithstanding that, have a nice day. :)
<|>
<|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|><|>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:23 am 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

went and talked to the guy and had a closer look at the car in the sunshine instead of the pissing rain, while i was down for work the last 2 days.

definitely looks like its more of a parts car. interior is quite rough cosmetically and there are lots of rust spots on the exterior and underbody.

Next time I'm down there with a little extra time, hopefully soon, I'm going to offer him some cash to part it out. I'm not even sure the wheels are geminis, he had the fronts off to do brakes and theres no "volvo" stamped anywhere, just "16x7" "made in australia" and some other stuff. regardless, they're pretty nice. I need 2 crap rims so he can tow it, and i'll take all the LH stuff, and maybe the turbo (tiny mitsu), and the whole headlight/grill set-up.

I could grab the pedals and stuff for you roj, but I don't want to be lugging around and dealing with a dirty tranny. Plus, it's got 300,000km on it so I think you'd be alot better off to wait for a lower mileage one, or just go to a T5 or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:54 am 

Ok, i'm doing it this sunday afternoon. i'll be pulling anything i can that's not too big, including the pedal cluster.

If anyone needs anything (mirrors, interior bits) let me know. i'm grabbing everything injection related, turbo, ic and plumbing, newer rad, newer starter, dizzy, most of the sensors and relays, etc etc, wheels and front end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:09 pm 

Hey Athal,
I hope all is going well for you.
I'm still looking for the passenger side driving light lense for the '84 760. If this wreck has the same size, would you be able to grab it?
Thanks,
Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:32 pm 

It's got the euro front end, which i'll be keeping, or selling as a complete kit- side markers, headlights and grille.

sorry greg, but i'll keep my eyes peeled at pyp :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:42 pm 

No worries.....sounds like the front end will be a real score! Yeah, if you see anything at PYP, and don't mind grabbing it, I'd really appreciate it!
Thanks Athal, hope the trip goes well.
Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm 

I just scored a pedal cluster and driveshaft, etc at PYP for half price this last weekend. I got the shifter console too but it's blue. I need it to be black so I was going to try painting it. Would prefer to have a real black one though. What colour is the interior on that car you're getting the parts from ? If the console is black then I'd appreciate it if you could grab it for me. Don't bother if it's any other colour other than black or dark grey. Do you know how to get them off ? They're pretty easy once you know how to get at the screws that hold them onto the car but it's not very obvious as to how to do that if you've never done it before.

I can tell you where to look for the (hidden) bolts and screws that hold fasten the console assy onto the car if you like. It'll save you some time if you've never taken one of those consoles off. It took me and my GF some time to figure out how to do it.

Oh, pls grab the shift knob for me if you can. And the O/D relay. I still need one of those !

Thanks,

Roj

<|>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:48 pm 

What's happening with this now ? Can you please update us/me ?

Thanks,

Roj

<|>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:00 pm 

Grabbed the console, or the tray i guess? The piece that surrounds the shifter, and the shifter boot, and the shifter itself with the knob. The console tray is black, but I can't see why they wouldn't all be. If you're talking about the ENTIRE console, right back to the parking brake, I didnt grab that, it was tan anyway, and I don't think it's particular to the transmission.

Regardless, I'm bringing stuff back a bit at a time and eventually those parts will make it back for you roj. I can't remember if I grabbed the OD relay, but they should be the same for all M46's so pretty sure you can get one out of a 240.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2