Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:15 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: 16" MASItaly President Wheels
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:31 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

So...been thinking for a while...I've got this set of 16X7 1/2" wheels with these gummy Yokohama Advan Intermediate tires. 2 with 225/50/16 and 2 with 245/45/16. Most of you have seen them, or pictures of them. Well...my 245 has turned into the wife's daily driver and general beater car. It's starting to rust away and, while it's still fun to drive, it's beyond these wheels and tires and I have serious doubts that they'll fit the 122, particularly with the big brakes.

The wheels are in pretty good shape although one of them needs some attention as it developed a bend sometime last fall. I think it's as simple as a 2X4 and a good heavy hammer and a whack in the right spot...

The tires are nothing short of amazing. I drove them on the BC trip last summer and could not make them slide, no matter how hard I tried and, believe me, I tried. They've got, at most, 3000km on them and 2000 of that was the trip to the coast last summer. Many are of the opinion that the Advan Intermediate was the best all round tire anyone ever made. The autocross guys in the US drool over them. They're no longer available... I don't think you'll find tires of this quality, in this size for under $200 each....

These are not daily driver tires. You'll wear them out in a summer. They are track tires or "special occasion" tires. That said, they're not going to stay soft forever either.

The rims are RWD offset. You need about 5mm of spacer on the front to keep them off the strut tower. I ran 20mm of spacer at the back and the fenders needed some aggressive "rolling". I actually ran them with no spacers and they didn't rub all the time; only the odd time where axle angles were strange. I have a set of 13mm spacers that would probably work a little better on the back than the 20's.

So...I'm just throwing this out there. I'm certainly not going to give them away. Between the tires and wheels and shipping I've got close to $700US into them and they're easily worth that much. I've got another $200, give or take, into the spacers. Say $800 CDN for the lot?

Anyone interested?

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:21 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

Location: Didn't learn, now renovating bathroom #2, and you think cars are expensive!!!
:o might me interested :?: :?: :?:
...all depends if my Hydras clear my new Brake calipers :shock:
The rotors came today... the car is definitely going to stop, but will the wheels fit :oops:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]