Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: Wanted: Amazon clutch/brake pedal setup
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:11 pm 
0-60 in VERY FAST

Hi, I am looking for a complete (or as complete as possible) stock clutch/brake pedal assembly for my 131 2 door. It was converted from an auto to a 4-speed (with electric 5th). Talking to Ron Kwas about an unrelated order, he said my brake pedal return spring is busted along with some other parts that are needed. I also still have the auto pedal still in the car. I replaced the brake master cylinder and the pedal binds a bit too.

I was hoping to find an assembly that I could bolt right in, are there any out there?
Thanks!
David

Post subject: Re: Wanted: Amazon clutch/brake pedal setup
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:06 am 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

By "complete" are you talking about master cylinders as well? I've got a pile of parts, PROBABLY the pedals complete with pivot and springs, but the master cylinders are all garbage. No matter, you can get them new pretty cheaply.

I can't dig them out for you for a few days though - I'm busy all week and am away this weekend. I may be able to grab them next week sometime, if I still have them. If I don't, I know of another car that will be having the pedals removed in favour of another setup - that won't be until later this winter though, or maybe next spring.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:48 am 
0-60 in VERY FAST

Hi, pivot and springs, all those things (bad rhyme) would be good. I just put a new master brake cylinder in, so I am good on that. The brake pedal is binding where it connects to the cylinder, and the pedal doesn't rise all the way up after application. Combined with suspect parts, I would rather get a bonafide setup that is meant for the car to start off fresh.
Timing is not important, there are many other things to do on the car in the meantime. I just got the car in June, so there is a lot of exploration to do.
As for shipping, payment, etc. I am sure we can work something out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:35 am 

Ugly Duck wrote:
If I don't, I know of another car that will be having the pedals removed in favour of another setup - that won't be until later this winter though, or maybe next spring.

True - this is my car Matt is referring to (I think). Matt has dibs on the parts that are coming out [because I said so] and then it's up for grabs. You'll have no problem finding these parts. Carry on with the rest of the list making to get the car to where you want it to be. Take some pictures and post them here so we can have a look and help. You'll find that many of us have parts stashes and spouses...and one of them has to go :lol: .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:07 pm 
0-60 in VERY FAST

My plan is to definitely take some pics of the pedals and the car overall to show to forum what it looks like. They are many, many other things to carry on with in the meantime for sure. I have some spare parts as well that I got with the car (rear tail light lenses, front lenses, headlight rings, a M41 trans) that I am totally willing to sell or deal on too.
Thanks, guys, I am very happy to be part of this great forum. It feels good.
David

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:42 pm 
Somehow completely sideways in 4th

I've been bugging Dave to post on here ever since he got his car - so glad you finally did! I think I mentioned to Matt and Dale that I had a buddy that just bought a 122, so this is him and his car. :)

I figured between Matt, Craig and Dale - Dave would be in very good hands getting his car back up to snuff. I drove it a while back and what a cool car it is, so it'll be great to see it evolve into more of a finished project.

Rabin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:10 pm 

Hey, David

I was up in my rafters the other day and found a couple pedal springs and pedals. I don't know if I have the pivot or not - I'm guessing yes. I have to dig through my parts here soon so maybe Saturday I'll know more.

Matt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:44 pm 

Hey again, David. I found a complete setup (plus a complete setup for a '69 in case you've got one o'those too) in my pile. Pivot, bushes, springs, and pedals of course. No MC pins though. The assembly needs a good stripping and repainting, but it's yours if you still want it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:07 pm 
0-60 in VERY FAST

Sorry, Matt! I completely missed this thread. I'll take the first complete setup you mentioned. That should get me off to the races. Let me know how you want to proceed.
Thanks!
David

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:36 pm 

Dang it, David... I keep forgetting about this. If you still need them, PM me your address and I'll mail them to you. Does $50 sound fair, plus shipping?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:10 pm 
0-60 in VERY FAST

You bet! No worries, it's too darn cold to crawl around in the garage. :) I'll PM you. Thanks, Matt!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]