Change font size
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:39 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: 123GT in Kelowna
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:17 pm 
0-60 in VERY FAST

Check out the Volvo Club of BC's site... they have a link to their Google Sites classified page. 1967 123GT for $1000. For restoration or parts... subframe and floor rusty. A couple pictures are included, but don't show much. It still has the nice steering wheel and tach, though, and complete with km/h stickers on the speedo! I didn't know if posting URL's is proper or not, so I thought not to post it here. It appears to have 240 seats in it, judging by the front view.
What do you think, worth saving or not? Not enough room in my wallet or garage, though!
David

Post subject: Re: 123GT in Kelowna
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:10 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

Jeezum crow. Not another light green 123 GT! That must be what the rest of the world thinks is all we built in Canada.

https://sites.google.com/site/vclubbc/cars

The president of VCBC has or had a 123GT like mine, this may have been him. Was his name Peter Fergusen, 'cause that's this guy. I tried to post images but it didn't take.

That thing looks pretty rusty inside, not in much better shape than mine. The outside is probably shot in all the same places too. I've had to do front floors, a section of the rear floor, both outrigger supports, sections of the rocker panel, and I know about the trunk floor, rear rockers, buttcheeks, and the passenger footwell. I also had to source out a rust-free hood, fenders, and nose cone, as well as a decent pair of doors. This car was built about 25,000 cars later than mine so it MAY be a late '67 with the structural improvements, and you wouldn't need to chop off the frame rails and inner fenders like I did.

It's probably worth looking at but will take skilled hands (or dedicated foolishness like me) to save.

Can you weld, and do you have money? You'll need both, or low standards.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:27 am 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

That thing looks rough...$1000 - he's dreaming. Is it a runner (not since 1997!)? There are plenty of better examples for reasonable money. It could be done, but I'd probably just use it for parts to create a 123.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:00 pm 
0-60 in VERY FAST

The allure of a GT, no doubt, is pretty strong. But I paid a bit more for my base Swedish model, and I am fairly sure I can drive it anywhere right now. As for welding, I can create a hell of a mess! The wallet is darn tight after buying a load of parts for the Amazon. I thought it would be interesting to share at any rate.

David

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]