Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:01 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Feeler: B23 turbo long block
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:58 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

Yes, I'm trying it again. Selling my B23 long block.

Built by Richard Thomas about 7 or 8 years ago, this engine has about 20 hours on the dyno and about 5,000 km on the road, and that's it. It was originally built for a Turbo CNG application, using the forged B23 crank and rods, and forged Buick 350 V-8 pistons (3.800" bore, 96.52mm), along with BMW piston squirters. The assembly was balanced and assembled using good quality pieces.

When I bought it I had no intention of running CNG so I built a 530 head that would both lower the compression ratio and increase flow. I carved out the head to reduce the compression ratio to about 9.2:1, installed 46/38mm stainless valves in 3 angle seats and cleaned up the ports.

The head has been removed from the block and there she sits. The valves are really not something I'd run any longer, as they were never right in the first place and I've tried correcting the issue but have run into other problems. I have a fresh set of VW Type 1 valve springs (the same ones Craig used in his B23 build) to be installed with whatever valves go into the head, and the new owner will have a pretty peppy, efficient, smooth engine for their car.

I want $1500 firm for it as it sits now (in pieces), or I can have the new valves brought in and installed for added cost. Block, head, cam followers, oil pan, oil pump, and cam cover are included: no camshaft or flywheel, manifolds, or accessories will be included. The inappropriate valves and new springs will be included in the deal, but I really wouldn't run them if I were you.

If nobody wants it I'll use the block in my 123 but it won't be turbocharged and I think it would be a shame to waste this combination. Please buy it, somebody!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]