Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: 110V electricians in Edm reading? Anyone want screwdrivers?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:34 pm 
Somehow completely sideways in 4th

My father is showing some age, and developed an unhealthy obsession with robertsons screw drivers and other electrician's hand tools. Probably have to somehow dispose of 300 pces or so by Sept long weekend. He's moving out of his house.

Probably over 100 red and green robertson screwdrivers (yeah, I know...) :cry: , lots of electricians pliers (crimp, strip, needlenose), small wrenches (6" crescents, and 7/16, 1/2" combination wrenches). These are just the things I saw more than a half dozen of. There are some more single things. Oh, and drywall jab saws, and claw hammers...lots of both. Variety of brands, some top name brands.

Crappy crappy timing. These were worth money over the last several years (yanno, when he *bought* them, clearing out pawn shops of these items) Now? not so much.
Maybe some young electrican could do well to give me/him some very very modest amount and run a sideline out of his personal vehicle selling these to new co-workers a few years from now...?

Also, switches, plugs, 50 or so face plates (for the large "modern" switches oddly), dryer plug, marrettes, extensions cord ends, cable clamps, etc.

Post subject: Re: 110V electricians in Edm reading? Anyone want screwdrive
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:52 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

How many 1/2" wrenches do you have? We continually lose them at the hangar... :roll:

And since we make cords to the length we need, extension cord ends and marrettes would be good too.

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:36 pm 

Pylon wrote:
How many 1/2" wrenches do you have? We continually lose them at the hangar... :roll:

And since we make cords to the length we need, extension cord ends and marrettes would be good too.

As of tonight he's doing the right thing and donating it all to a pre-employment (pre apprentice) training class he helped set up and that he taught from age 62-68 or so. While I secretly harbour doubts this class will be able to hibernate the current slump and re-form when needed, it makes him feel good and allows him to complete the... transaction, immediately.

I don't see a website, but this is from when my dad wanted to "give back" (with Mr Wirtanen's money :? ) to his east coast roots. He's not mentioned by name, but was the teacher.
http://www.dailybusinessbuzz.ca/Nationa ... -is-free/1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:28 pm 

complete donation of these

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]