Change font size
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 3:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: '84 245 DL
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:05 am 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

Long story...

I've known this car for quite a few years. Some good friends bought it a few years back. It was in very nice shape. Just a basic light blue DL wagon. B21A and AW70. Over the time they owned it, my buddy did some light surface rust repair but the car has never had any serious rust issues. The interior is nice.

A couple of years ago it developed a serious oil leaking issue. I suspected at the time it was a rear main seal. They didn't have the money or time to fix it at the time and they inherited a Voyageur mini van so they parked the wagon. It sat for a couple of years and then their son decided he wanted it to go out snowboarding etc. A couple of months ago Matt(their son) asked me if I'd help him get it on the road. It needed ball joints and tie rod ends and the rear main seal. We did the ball joint and tie rod ends and he paid me a little money for parts. Then the car sat in my garage for a month. Finally I decided it was time to get it out so I pulled the tranny and replaced the rear main seal. It's back together and running although it is in bad need of a carb set-up.

Today I get a call from Trevor saying they've decided to sell the car. So...I've got this relatively nice light blue 245 sitting in my driveway that is now for sale. I know Matt paid his parents $1500 for it (over the course of a year or more). I know it's not worth that much, but it is a pretty decent car and with a little elbow grease could be a very nice looking car. It's very straight and has a nice interior. I forget how many km are on it but it's not really high. I'll check it tomorrow...

So...if anyone is interested, feel free to stop by and take a look. It'll likely hit the Bargain Finder in a week or two, when I get a little time to deal with it...

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]