Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:18 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Jim and Greg's big PYP adventure
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:06 am 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

So Jim stopped by yesterday afternoon, and we decided to hit up the JY in his 240 to check out a new car there, and pick up a few bits. We spent maybe an hour in the yard, paid, and went out to find his front passenger window smashed and laying everywhere. Right away I realized they probably grabbed my wallet, which was sitting on the armrest, and sure enough it was gone. Shit. RCMP was phoned, so Jim and I had to fill out police reports, and I spent at least an hour on the phone with Mastercard, cancelling my card etc.

I was able to track the thieves through Lethbridge. We arrived maybe around 4:00, chatted with Pat for 10 or 15 minutes, and by 4:33, they had hit up the Macs 10 minutes away for $80.95, 3 minutes later the Safeway across the road for $81.36, 6 minutes later two purchases for $119.29 at a gas station north of the safeway, another convenience store north of there for two purchases at around $125, and ANOTHER convenience store further north for $78.25. Somewhere in there they tried to take out $300 at a bank, and by 6:30 had tried making a purchase at the north end Walmart for $259, but I had just cancelled my card at that point. What the crap do you buy at convenience stores for that much money, that quickly? Probably cigarettes? Easy to sell I'm guessing.

The cop was nice at least, and Jim cleaned up the glass and pulled a new piece back in the yard while he was waiting. Got it for free which was good. Nothing else was stolen, including Jim's GPS, which was in the glovebox. Hard to believe nobody heard or saw it, as the front counter is barely 30 feet away. I rarely leave my wallet out in the open, but out there in other peoples cars I will, so I don't forget it. I mean, what's out in rural Lethbridge...Mormon's and Hutterites? Brutal. Off to get new cards I go. Sorry Jim.

Post subject: Re: Jim and Greg's big PYP adventure
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:37 am 

Dude that is teh suxxors! And how frustrating to see their route and know how close they are! Could the cops not get a live connection with visa to see where transactions are happening and nab the bassturds?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:25 pm 
First volvo in outer space

Hey no worries Greg, PnP was good enough to give me a free window and now I sort of know how to replace one. =D>

Hmmm, Mormons and Hutterites... What did the suspect look like? Well he was wearing all black with a bright colored checkered shirt, beard (a bit like Jonathon Toews :lol: ) and answers to "Jake"... shouldn't be hard to find. No wait, there were 2 of them, young, white shirt, dark suits, "very" clean cut, carrying bibles and wave at everyone from the sidewalk... Well that "only" covers 75% of the people in southern Alberta. :lol:

66 122S (Garage Queen)
89 244 (Hers)
90 745Ti (Mine)
89 744 (SOLD/Bought back for other daughter)
78 242GT (Project... LOL)
91 244 (Don't Ask!!)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:52 pm 

Hahah! Yep, that would be pretty much all of southern Alberta alright.

Yeah, it was frustrating to know the dudes were so close. I probably walked right by them in the yard. I don't know if the police could get a live feed from Mastercard, maybe, but if we did that they'd just keep making more and more purchases, and I don't think Mastercard would like that. By the time I got off hold and through to cancel the card, the police still weren't there anyways.

Managed to get a new bank card today, a new SIN card is on its way, and I've now got a temporary license. New Mastercard is on its way as well. I'm just glad they didn't steal my keys too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:26 am 
Strapping on extra booster rockets

I got my truck stolen out of the parking-lot at the mall on Monday - locked. It turned-up in Kelowna out of gas on Friday. Given it had a full tank, I'm guessing they had enough gas for a round-trip to Hobbema to pick-up some buddies, then drive to Kelowna.

Lots of garbage in it, used needles, and a big honking knife, I am told. No-worries - truck is fine except for a punched-out lock, and a busted ignition.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:38 am 
Strapping on extra booster rockets

Oh, and here's my chance to use some of those smilies i might never use other-wise:

Like this one: :butthead:

And here's to the guy who had the great idea: :toimonster:

This is my congratulations for wrecking your life with who-know-what drugs:

Your mother had a leaky seal :vom: , and your dad's piston was under-size::: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Awesome. :lol: :lol:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]