Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Hello!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:41 pm 
I like cake

I am a new member, my name is Travis!

I am actually moving to BC in hopefully a month, but fully intend to return to Calgary (as I am a born and raised calgarian) in a year or two, depending on how things go. As I am leaving, I need to reduce my stockpile of cars, so I have recently posted my 87 760 on kijiji, and had a few people interested. It is in fairly decent condition (not impeccable as it is an 87 that was my daily driver) with a bit of rust, however I have not had any good leads or even a serious offer, and was wondering if anyone could tell me if I am unrealistic trying to sell it for over $1000. It does run and drive good, so it's not like i'm trying to sell a shell for big money. I have it listed for $1400. I didn't want to just join to try and "dump" my car on here. If anyone's interested, I'm obviously selling it, but was looking more for advice!

I never did like Volvo's, but I had a friend that always had one, and I just kind of fell in love with them. I would love to find another one when I return, but until then...

Thanks for any help!
If anyone's interested, here's my ad http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z294681121

Post subject: Re: Hello!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:16 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

If the engine isn't leaking or consuming fluids, and has semi-regular oil changes, it'll run a long damn time. I just tore my B280 down at 195,000 miles (around 312,000 km) and once I got rid of the grime it looked like new inside. Don't let anyone tell you that the B280 is the same as the old V6 that had troubles. Check out my Bertone thread for more info, pictures, etc.

The rest of the car is essentially a 740, and that means it'll run forever and only the squeaks & rattles will drive you nuts before it stops getting you from A to B. There is some uniqueness with the V6 drivetrain, but overall it looks pretty solid. I wish I knew why the clear peeled so bad on '80s Volvos, though! The interior looks great, if it's not all broken plastic, so much the better.

I think $1000 is plenty fair, but buyers may be scared off by the engine. If you can convince them that it's solid, you'll find a buyer. They use a bunch of gas and aren't very powerful, but are smooooooooth and torqey.

If your exhaust is leaky and you want to replace it, I've got a solid exhaust sitting here waiting to be recycled. It all slipped apart without cutting, gotta love Oregon cars! Yours for the scrap value, about $75 for the cat and the steel.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]