Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: New to the site, looking for my dad's 123GT.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:35 am 
Bone stock

Hello,

I am Mat Shelton from Surrey, B.C.. I have been looking for a dark green 1967 Canadian 123GT for years and finally found one this summer. This car came to B.C. from Alberta in 1974, it appears to have been traded in at Shelbourne Automart Ltd. in Victoria, B.C. on April 3, 1974. I bought it from Gil Stuart, it was one of his race cars.

My dad ordered a red one in 1967 from Evergreen Motors in Nanaimo, B.C. but for some reason a dark green one came in and he liked it so he bought it. His car appears to have been registered with the Body Number #263604 and not the VIN. I would like to find it, he traded it in at Jack Harris Chev-Olds-Cadillac, Nanaimo, B.C. in 1971, any leads appreciated.

This was a good summer, I also bought this red 1967 Canadian 123GT six weeks before I bought the green one, it belonged to Richard Foster, the founder of the Volvo Club of B.C.

Here is a picture of my dad's car taken not too long after he bought it new.

Post subject: Re: New to the site, looking for my dad's 123GT.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:37 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

Nice pair of GTs! I've got one of two on this forum, though it's hardly even a car at the moment, and there's a decent pile of 122s on the board as well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:42 am 
Bone stock

Thanks, they both need some work but nothing serious. What color combination is yours?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:04 am 

Hi Mat. Welcome to the forum. Matt's GT is light green with dark green interior...an extremely rare color combination. I've got a red/black one. I know of a dark green one but don't know what the serial number is. It's got a set of really old Minilites on it, if that helps...

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:32 am 
Bone stock

Thanks Dale. There is a light green/dark green one for sale in Kelowna. I am assuming my dad's car was registered with the Body Number which is on the tag attached to the drivers side inner fender. I guess it could have been the last 6 digits of the VIN too. His car had the factory wheels on it with the slotted section painted a dark color maybe green or black. Please let me know if you find it #263604
Mat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:12 am 

Do you have a link to a for sale ad for the one in Kelowna? I'm finding that the colour combo isn't THAT uncommon in Canadian GTs - that would be the second one I've discovered after buying my car - it's just that the rest of the world doesn't seem to be aware of them.

The dark green one Dale's talking about is pretty nasty - I hope that one's not your father's... Dale also owned a dark green one but it's ID# is not the one you're looking for.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:00 am 
Bone stock

PM sent. Gil Stuart bought a light green one new in 1967.

I talked to Dale a couple months ago about one one of the dark green ones, I think he said he bought it from the original owner. I would be happy to find my dad's car in any condition.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:03 am 

Ugly Duck wrote:
Nice pair of GTs! I've got one of two on this forum, though it's hardly even a car at the moment, and there's a decent pile of 122s on the board as well.

Decent PILE...oh well. Back to the garage. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:33 am 

Obviously not meaning that anyone's cars are a Pile (besides mine, that is)... You're all guilty by association of the junk that seems to surround me.

Thanks for the email addy, Mat. I'm just curious to see what various owners think about the value of their cars. I'm curious to see one in decent shape - that one in Edmonton was certainly not in good enough shape to judge by, and by the sounds of it Peter's isn't either. Who is this Gil Stuart you speak of?

I'm sure you've looked on the Australian 123GT register, as did I: My GT and Dale's old GT are both registered on there, though I'm not sure about Ben's (Dale's son) GT. Your father's GT is not. Pity, because he could possibly have given you a clue as to where to look.

One of us should get in touch with this guy who sold the one Dale & Ben are working on, to see what chassis number that one's got.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:02 pm 
Bone stock

Gil has been rally racing for 50 years and is still doing it today. Search his name along with Volvo and you will find more about him, he is a good guy and some some cool old Volvo's.
Mat

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]