Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Any Plans for a Drive/ Event???
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:29 pm 
Turbo'd and Intercooled!

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone was arranging or planning on having a drive/ event similar to the one we had a couple of years ago... We tried to set something up last year but that fell through as well...

So what does everyone one think given as great as the weather has been, its not looking like its gonna last much longer... just look at today.

Sundays work better for me, but I can do either day (Saturday or Sunday) given enough notice.

So for now I'm thinking Sept 9th (could be too short of notice, but I'm available).
Sept 15 or 16
Sept 22 or 23
Sept 29 or 30

or we can push it out to October, but I figured I would get the ball rolling on this, as it seems to be a shame that we don't get together more often (or at all for that matter, cough. cough.), and Edmonton seems to be able to host a monthly event, I don't know what kind of turn outs they get but something is better than nothing... I just cant justify 5 - 6hrs of driving for what would be a 2hr event, and making a day of it in Edmonton is just not an option, as I truly don't like the city, at all (no offense intended just stating my personal opinion)...

Anyways, just thought I would put it out there and see what the responses are like...

Regards,

Ahmad

Post subject: Re: Any Plans for a Drive/ Event???
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:28 pm 
First volvo in outer space

Sounds like a good idea, I agree that the 9th is probably too soon for people to schedule in. I would go for the 16th or 23rd as Saturday's are hard to fit in for most and we should try and do it sooner than later re: weather. That said I can likely do most any Sunday from the 16th onward.

66 122S (Garage Queen)
89 244 (Hers)
90 745Ti (Mine)
89 744 (SOLD/Bought back for other daughter)
78 242GT (Project... LOL)
91 244 (Don't Ask!!)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:27 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

I'm up for it...I need a break, but will have to bring the 240 (rattly exhaust and all).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:29 am 

It'll match the 780's exhaust. Damn Dynomax garbage!!!

This weekend is ohmygodnodamngood, no promises on following ones but they've got to be way better than this one looks to be. 23 is no good for me though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:49 am 

September 16th then???????

66 122S (Garage Queen)
89 244 (Hers)
90 745Ti (Mine)
91 244 (Don't Ask!!)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:52 pm 
Turbo'd and Intercooled!

I'm game for the 16th...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:06 pm 

16th works for me...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:42 pm 
Turbo'd and Intercooled!

So by the looks of it we have three (3) in for the 16th...

Now I'm not saying that's no good... but...

Would pushing it out further help those that are not decided? I know Matt said that the 23rd is no good, so what works for everyone?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:51 am 

Those of us who have been around for a long time have come to realize that trying to set a date that works for everyone is impossible. Set a date and go with it. Those that can make it will. Those that can't, or don't feel it's high on the priority list, won't. I've found that most events planned here fall in the "if I don't have anything better to do" category with most people. Unfortunate, but realistic. It wasn't always that way but things change. Priorities change...

That said, set a date. Move forward. If I can make it, I will...

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:58 am 

Platinum850 wrote:
So by the looks of it we have three (3) in for the 16th...

Now I'm not saying that's no good... but...

Would pushing it out further help those that are not decided? I know Matt said that the 23rd is no good, so what works for everyone?

Being a bit cynical here but if people can't make it, or are undecided, they haven't even posted to say so. :(

Is there a way in the forum software to send a group PM? The board doesn't get much traffic so maybe people aren't aware we are trying to put this together? (trying to be less cynical :roll: )

66 122S (Garage Queen)
89 244 (Hers)
90 745Ti (Mine)
91 244 (Don't Ask!!)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:28 pm 
Turbo'd and Intercooled!

So by the looks of things, its just a matter of deciding on a date on going with it? Who decides? I would think the majority? hence posting and trying to get some feedback, as to what works for the majority. And I don't believe that three (3) is the majority, so with that being said, I am putting my vote for October 14th, and here is my logic:

Given the site isn't getting the traffic it once used to, if pm's could be sent out this would be a huge aid, but I do agree with some of the statements made above, as in priorities change, people aren't willing to drop what they have on the go, big or small, just to come out to a local meet, not anymore. So if we give ourselves enough notice, maybe it can be worked into our busy schedules.

Sept 16th, is too soon to organize and have a worthwhile group.

Sept 23rd, would be ideal, but see below point.

Sept 30th, having it the same day as Edmonton's meet isn't going to work for those going to that event. And having it on the weekend before or after just doesn't work for those of us with busy schedules, as the likelihood of attending more than one event back to back becomes slim to none.

October 7th, see above point, plus its a long weekend.

October 14th, is ideally right in the middle of the month, and I hope in the five weeks time we can arrange a drive as enjoyable as the last one was a couple years ago...

I realize that we should just set a date and go with it, but unlike Edmonton where they have a monthly gathering, where if you can or can't make it oh well there will be one next month. That's not the case here, so trying to have the best get-together possible given it will most likely be our only one of the year...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:26 pm 

^^^ Based on your efforts to make this happen I nominate you to pick the date based on the rationale posted above. As far as who gets to decide I would suggest anyone who wants to, we're not exactly getting overrun with demands for specific dates. I would suggest starting a new thread with a title something like "CVC Cruise October 14, 2012 xxxxing be there!!!" ... ok, maybe not the last part. :lol:

I agree with Dale that in the past we have dithered away on who could or couldn't make a particular date, and ended up doing nothing at all. That being said, Craig's Street Wheeler's BBQ is a fixed date event every year and we only had 5 of us this year...

66 122S (Garage Queen)
89 244 (Hers)
90 745Ti (Mine)
91 244 (Don't Ask!!)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:42 am 

Sorry for my delayed response here. At this point I have to admit my motivation for going on a cruise is low...I just finished a long summer of road trips, and I don't have any Volvo to drive. That said, if the date is right, I'll try to make it work. Next weekend is out for me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:12 pm 
Cams + Headers

I'd be interested. Pick a date and hopefully I can make it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:32 pm 

ian strom wrote:
I'd be interested. Pick a date and hopefully I can make it.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2883

#-o

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next