Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Spring Cruise planning thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:14 pm 
Canadian Tire Bolt ons

I meant Yrog would look better with a Duvall. To go with the Sawzall joke. Less weight. More winning.

You get it now haha.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:14 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

I got it the first time

[/off topic]

Was looking at a map and remembering how pretty the North and South Dinosaur Trails are, there's a little ferry across the Red Deer river just north of Drumheller, there are the hoodoos, the Atlas mine tipple tour is awesome, there's a suspension pedestrian bridge over the Red Deer too. There are a few things to do and places to eat around there, too.

Then again, I've never been to Waterton...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:37 am 

Ugly Duck wrote:
I got it the first time

[/off topic]

Was looking at a map and remembering how pretty the North and South Dinosaur Trails are, there's a little ferry across the Red Deer river just north of Drumheller, there are the hoodoos, the Atlas mine tipple tour is awesome, there's a suspension pedestrian bridge over the Red Deer too. There are a few things to do and places to eat around there, too.

Haha! Yes, I got it too. And now I know what those fancy old windshields are called.

The hoodoo area is pretty cool. Didn't know about the mine tour or suspension bridge.

Waterton is pretty fantastic. There are some beautiful roads, but they aren't really good for spirited driving, especially once you're in the park. Once you're down that far south, you might as well drive the Going to the Sun road too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:33 am 
Canadian Tire Bolt ons

Waterton is a good time. Twin Butte dinner is working the drive alone.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:33 am 
First volvo in outer space

volvoshredder wrote:
Ugly Duck wrote:
I got it the first time

[/off topic]

Haha! Yes, I got it too. And now I know what those fancy old windshields are called.

The hoodoo area is pretty cool. Didn't know about the mine tour or suspension bridge.

Waterton is pretty fantastic. There are some beautiful roads, but they aren't really good for spirited driving, especially once you're in the park. Once you're down that far south, you might as well drive the Going to the Sun road too.

Did the ferry years ago, pretty cool area really. Have used the ferry South of Gleichen in the past, although it's a fair bit of gravel on either side and it got wiped out in the 2013 flood and is still OOS.

Waterton is great, but yeah too congested with tourists for a cruise unless you're just rolling through on parade. The one road that is fun and not as busy is Hwy 6 up to the Chief Mountain border crossing. It becomes US 17 in Montana and runs in to US 89 which runs from the Carway border crossing down to St. Marys which is the start of the Going to the Sun road. The Sun road isn't really an option for our time frame though as it's typical opening date is June 19th, last year the entire road never opened till the July long weekend. Great road but hopelessly clogged with traffic.

66 122S (Garage Queen)
89 244 (Hers)
90 745Ti (Mine)
89 744 (SOLD/Bought back for other daughter)
78 242GT (Project... LOL)
91 244 (Don't Ask!!)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:10 pm 

Even the the road from St Mary's down to Browning is nice...or at least would be if you weren't driving an Avalanche pulling a 24' enclosed trailer. The #49 shortcut from #89 to #2 is supposed to be a cool road as well. Pulling a trailer means you're not allowed so must be some tight turns. However, that's getting a couple of hours south of the border...

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:59 pm 
Canadian Tire Bolt ons

I'm just going to say "yup" to whatever you guys decide on, everything is sounding good. May have to be the tool truck, but I am going to tag along for the ride.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:15 pm 
Somehow completely sideways in 4th

I'd really like to be able to make it down for this - so hopefully I still get notifications thread updates... :)

Mostly to meet the rest of the crew and to finally see Craig's 242, and hopefully the v8 wagon... (Frepea?).

Rabin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:54 pm 
Turbo'd and Intercooled!

Hey Crew!

Well after 3 years of living in the states, I'm back! I was just thinking I would ask about any upcoming get-togethers, and I guess this answers my question!

I plan to have my 16v Turbo out of storage in the next month or two, hopefully in time for the cruise. If not I could shame the group and drive the old Bimmer that followed me home from the US :D

My selfish vote would be for Late July, or anytime before June (graduation, wedding and honeymoon have me tied up for June and early July).

As for destination all the ideas work for me. I agree Waterton is pretty, but not much in the way of curves on that drive.

-Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:41 am 

Welcome back, Trevor! I was wondering what happened to you.

Yeah, let's nobody forget about this, right? Are there enough scenic & interesting roads (not race tracks) around Lethbridge & Medicine Hat that we can pretty much stay off the main highways for a day, or should we concentrate on the Hoodoos & Drumheller area first, maybe with HQs in Calgary? I'm sure we could plan enough fun without 1000km of driving.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:55 am 

I think there are some scenic roads around here and Medicine Hat, but definitely there aren't a lot of twistys. If there are, you have to drive long distances of straight to get to them. I think Drumheller is a better plan, and is more central.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:50 am 
0-60 in VERY FAST

Any news on the Spring cruise ? Now that the car is running .....wouldn't mind taking in a little run before it quits again
Oh me of little faith club :)

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:07 pm 

I've sort of had a busy few weeks, and have another few busy weeks ahead, so my ambition to plan the cruise for May has fallen still. I still want to do one this summer but not until I'm done what I'm working on.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:14 am 
Hiring a japanese chess champion as ECU

Is like to get in in this also, but I'm so busy right now I couldn't do it any time soon. But I'm also gone to Dawson city for a couple weeks in July and August.

If we did the hoo doos/area is bring atleast one of the kids.

Jordan

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2