Change font size
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 6:58 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: This weekend's activities
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:25 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

Although it's been discussed in a couple of other threads, I figured I'd just post this to be sure everyone knows what's happening.

Friday night...Secret Street at Race City. Some will be running; some will not.

Saturday...Dyno day at Techmotion. We start at 9AM and go until everyone that wants to dyno has done so. Cost is $50 per vehicle...you'll get multiple pulls.

Saturday evening we'll decide on something. Might be as simple as dinner out at Ricki's unless someone has a better plan. Some of us with families will be calling it an early night but the rest are welcome to do what they want.

Sunday...we'll do a drive. As Athal suggested, we'll head south on highway 22 and back east to Nanton and then back up to Calgary on highway 2. It's 100km to Nanton so count on about 250km round trip. If Jordan and Geoff need to head out, they can continue south from Nanton and then back across highway 3 to Medicine Hat. That's quite a bit less distance to travel than coming back into Calgary and then out. Likely save over 100km...

Sunday night...again...I have family to spend time with but if it's a nice night, perhaps we can do a picnic somewhere?

Monday I plan to work on the 122...feel free to stop by the house...

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:08 am 

Location: Didn't learn, now renovating bathroom #2, and you think cars are expensive!!!
Good post Dale

I don't think I will be making it to the SS on Friday, I have to spend some time with my family and also get some work done around the house, plus I have to do some work at the office this weekend.

I will be there bright and early on Saturday, probably bringing my kids, don't know yet if I can make the cruise on Sunday, have to let you know closer to the date

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:23 am 

I've got Friday off, so if Jordan, Geoff, and Greg are coming in during the working hours, they can call me on my cell phone at 998-8441 and we can meet somewhere. You all know my situation with vehicle legality so I won't be racing at Race City - might come out though, depending on what my houseguests want to do.

Saturday I'll be at Tecmotion, and if there's a spot available I'll probably be dynoing, provided I'm comfortable with my car at that point. If we want a BBQ up there, someone (over the age of 25, 'cause my insurance won't cover you otherwise) is going to have to drive my truck...

Sunday I'll probably be down for the cruise.

The evening events are LIKELY a go for me, but like Dale I'm going to have to see how the other half feels at that moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:26 am 

I don't know if I'll be at Secret Street either... Jordan's plans have changed. He starts Tuesday with the apprecnticeship and needs his tools. He's taking Friday off and driving here Friday night. It's possible that he'll be driving to Kamloops on Saturday to collect his stuff. His dad may come out here Saturday and meet him but they don't know for sure yet so he's not making any concrete plans.

Anyhow...long story made short, they figure to arrive around 7 or 8 and after 16 hours of driving won't feel much like heading out to a race track. I'll stick around here and play host...

If a few want to drop by and say hi, I'm sure that would be fine but I'm also sure they'll want to hit the sack fairly early in case they're heading to Kamloops Saturday.

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:45 am 

Made some good progress on the wiring last night. I'll likely put the front of the car back together tonight in preparation for trying to get it started. I go from wanting to give up and start over with a 240 wiring harness, then I realize "hey, I'm almost done!" Of course, almost done could still mean hours and hours of trouble-shooting, re-wiring, etc.

I need to change the oil on Darth for the dyno too. I'll likely show up late (9ish) to the track just to watch for a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:46 am 
Site Admin

I'll be at SS watching, filming, etc.

I'll be at Tecmotion hanging out, watching, BBQing, Filming :)

Not down for the cruise, sorry.

- Rasmus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:12 pm 
Hiring a japanese chess champion as ECU

Here is my plan, as once again they have changed....

I'm leaving for calgary tommorow morning around 930am (have an appointment). Its 1327Kms to Calgary. So we say 13 horus drive, that gets us in around 930-10pm your time.

My dad is going to drive to Calgary Friday evening with my sister, they won't be in til late late late... probably midnight-1am.

Saturday we will be in town, my dad is leaving in the morning most likely, maybe hang around a little bit.

At some point Cassie wants to see her Grandmother, but that will all fall into place.

We will probably leave Sunday, for a day of rest on Monday.

That is my plan.... Hopfully everything pans out

EDIT: my cell is 204-688-3192... or its 866 instead of the 688, I can never remember.
Jordan

Last edited by JordanRules on Thu May 18, 2006 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:02 pm 
0-60 in VERY FAST

A bit of an update for me..

I have to head into work in the A.M hopefully for a very short period of time.. but who knows what will happen. I would like to get away at 10, but that all depends on what's going on at work. So that lands me in Calgary anywhere from 6-9, at which i'll probably head straight to the track to see some of the action. (Vik.. I'll call and let you know before I leave).

Sunday I'll be doing the cruise for sure, havn't decided if I'm taking off that day or not, leaning towards yes right now, promised some friends I would be around to see them on Monday, but their plans could change.

Seems like I can never set an exact time when it comes to stuff like this! I guess I better finishing putting my car back together now.. See you guys this weekend!
My cell is 306-421-5717

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:44 pm 

friday SS and hangin with Geoff and whoever else wishes to come out

saturday techmotion BBQ...

Matt...would it be possible for me or someone else to drive you home in their car, you get the truck then come back to techmotion...i mean...if everyone is driving their car there...and like 4 of us are over 25...kinda makes it difficult you know?

over 25...athal, matt, dale, ian...who else??? are brad and tyler showing up??

sat night...trooper stylez...raise a little hell!!!

sunday the cruise...then see what's up sunday night if geoff is still in town or not

off to eat and do my rear brakes tonight...no trunk yet getting that tom...

ciao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:05 am 

JordanRules wrote:
Here is my plan, as once again they have changed....

I'm leaving for calgary tommorow morning around 930am (have an appointment). Its 1327Kms to Calgary. So we say 13 horus drive, that gets us in around 930-10pm your time.

My dad is going to drive to Calgary Friday evening with my sister, they won't be in til late late late... probably midnight-1am.

Saturday we will be in town, my dad is leaving in the morning most likely, maybe hang around a little bit.

At some point Cassie wants to see her Grandmother, but that will all fall into place.

We will probably leave Sunday, for a day of rest on Monday.

That is my plan.... Hopfully everything pans out

EDIT: my cell is 204-688-3192... or its 866 instead of the 688, I can never remember.
Jordan

Good to hear that Martin is coming thru. Are they getting a motel room or will they need a place to stay? Midnight-1 is a bit late to be deciding this...

I've got your Getrag, 405, and your other stuff in my garage, Jordan, so make sure you make room for that. Richard's on a family weekend so he can't make it, as I'm sure you're already aware.

If Martin can hang around for a bit on Saturday, that would be great.

Drive safe, everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:08 am 
Hiring a japanese chess champion as ECU

Hey Matt,
Dale is going to put them up on the futon in the basement.

They will probably be around a bit in the morning, depending how he is feeling. Maybe he'll stop by the Dyno or somthing (proably not though).

He got off work today, so they are leavign around 2, so they will probably be in Calgary around 9 your time. Of course he didn't tell me this until last night at 1am...

Jordan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:48 pm 

Just a suggestion...I don't know about the others but coffee and donuts for breakfast just doesn't cut it. Matt/Roberta and Beth/I have a standing breakfast date Saturday mornings at Ricki's in Heritage Meadows by the new Ikea. I'm pretty sure we'll probably head there for breakfast with Jordan and crew before heading to the dyno so if any of you want to join us, we'll likely be there about 7:30...

I know that's early for you young bucks but whatever... :P

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:30 pm 

I'm coming up in the 760....its official, I've given up on my car for this weekend.
Not sure when yet...but I'll post when I know.
Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:13 pm 

that's ok, even with matt's help, i've given up on mine too. i'll try and remember to throw in those corners for the 760...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:05 pm 

Thanks Athal,
When are you gonna be around? Getting those lights would be nice, and I'm also thinking about that valve/k-jet stuff. I can swing by your place too if need be.
Sorry to hear the 242 won't be up and running, but I guess you and I both still have turba powa!
Greg

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next