Change font size
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 9:50 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Hey, n00b signing in (945ti from t-bricks)!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:54 pm 
Strapping on extra booster rockets

I got nice message from Vic the other day noting that I joined the board. I am not from Calgary, haven't been to Calgary in a very long time, and I am not even Canadian. I am a certifiable volvo nut who has met many of you other certifiable volvo nuts, however. I haven't done anything with my membership other than look around. I thoughtthat I would say hello while I am here.
I just sold my 245GL...which I very much miss. I kept the 945ti...which will have to double as my school/winter beater this year and sort of project.

Anyway, I am James and I live in B-ham WA much of the year (near Vancouver BC). I have met many of you on the BC meet this year or in the last year or two. I am not sure when I will be in MT, but apart from the meets, probably none of you who haven't been down to John's or on the meet have actually met me in person, and I haven't been to calgary since I was like 2 or something.

Some of the projects coming out of Calgary are very impressive, especially in the land of rust! Portland has awesome volvos, but we don't always have to try as hard either...as a non-rusty 242 that runs is a $500-1Kcar down here, there are just so many volvos here it is pretty crazy.
Anyway, I hope to be somewhat active around here and at the very least look around regularly,
-James
Also, if someone needs something ferried from Portland to John's (The Aspirator's in Langly) every now and again, I do go back and forth fairly regularly, so if you need something moved once in a while, feel free to ask.

Post subject: Re: Hey, n00b signing in (945ti from t-bricks)!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:41 pm 
747 Jet engine being stuffed into trunk

945_James wrote:
I just sold my 245GL...which I very much miss. I kept the 945ti...which will have to double as my school/winter beater this year and sort of project.

Bah, you kept the best Volvo you can get! :wink:

Welcome aboard! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:23 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

Welcome to the site, James!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:37 pm 

Hi James! Saw you signed up a week ago or so...

Welcome!

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:59 pm 
0-60 in VERY FAST

You not the only non-calgary guy that takes a look around here.. Maybe I'm just a wanna-be (Vik, I only said maybe).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:43 pm 

Geoff240Ti wrote:
You not the only non-calgary guy that takes a look around here.. Maybe I'm just a wanna-be (Vik, I only said maybe, but in reality i am really sad i am not living in Calgary, the CVC rules and well i kinda live at Dale's house from time to time anyway, that should count, right?).

fixed.

when you moving here for good anyway?

ciao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:11 pm 
Cams + Headers

Hiya James!

I'm not from Calgary either, but here I am!
Anyhoo, welcome to the board.

(zut alors, she's still alive...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:15 pm 

girlwithblack245 wrote:
(zut alors, she's still alive...)

No doubt - where ya been, hon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:04 pm 

Thanks much for the welcome everyone!
Holy crap, I thought Kayla had dropped off the face of the earth. Is your brick still in Portland Kayla? Want to sell it? I miss my 245, and I will probably get another 245...though a turbo might be more than I need or want. There is a black 93 M47 wagon tempting me with its evil ways...but I can't afford it right now :(. Holy crap does it ever look clean and pimptastic all washed up to sell though. There is just something about black/black 245s with shiny original paint. I'd say the paint is as good or better than Pat's (Tuff240's) awesome 245ti.

Oh well, have to get the granny series all perfect in the next year, then probably sell it for a 90+ 245 and a vintage volvo or maybe a triumph spit...WWACBD lol.
I used to think a 93 945 was pretty good once I actually started messing with it, but then I got a late 240 and that all changed.
Edit:
Who the fawk has control over the user titles anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:57 pm 
I can fix the world

the master of mods, the rasmus himself.
Don't worry, they stay the same consistancy of cake.
Welcome to the board!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:16 am 

Don't go telling me about any black '93 245s for sale, okay? Especially nice ones. In fact, by just mentioning it, you've pretty much guaranteed that Brad's going to buy it, ship it up here, and make a few grand on the deal. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:01 am 

Location: Didn't learn, now renovating bathroom #2, and you think cars are expensive!!!
I am a little late jumpng in here but, Welcome James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:57 am 

Ya ok, 93 245 is making me jump in.

yo dude.

now tell me where to find that wagon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:04 pm 

yoes! It is lunchtime and I'll go ride down the block and see if it sold since last week. They were asking 6800 US, and if I could sell my 945ti for 3 or 4...I'd give them 6 for it without even hesitating. The service records were taped to the back window with the sign...and they were um...extensive and with a garage I know pretty well.
I wouldn't be surprized if they got what they were asking for it in like a day tho...a stick wagon in that condition even at that pretty outragious price lasts about a day on the market here...if that.
It is near reed college, parked up on 36th not far from the reed nuclear reactor building...yes I live 1/4 mile from a nuclear reactor...yes I have seen the blue glow of the reactor in its pool...maybe that is why I am such a freak?
Edit: It is gone :(. They must have sold it since they parked it in a spot to sell it and I know where it lives. I am kinda used to having an abundance of overpriced late 245s around. I didn't know they were such a big deal up there rarity wise. There are 4 93s in the immediate neighborhood, and 2 classics not included in those 4. One classic is a bergundy wagon...not sure what tranny. The other is a dark green/blue sedan. Pity they only made classics in bergundy and green...why no black or atlantic blue like kyle's 244 is and my beater was? I almost bought a 93 245 as parts car actually, but my $500 offer wasn't enough and it went for $750 before i could hurry up and offer some more dough...it was rear ended. Anyway, they might be spendy, but I'd love another 90+ 245 as the DD, finding a GL like mine will be hard...I wish I could have kept it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:38 pm 

woah, 6800 :shock: that's too steep even for me. Of course, if the mileage was relatively low, that's a helluva deal for a car that will last another 20 years.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next