Change font size
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:27 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: Maybe a misprint?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:25 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

http://calgary.craigslist.org/mcy/210499781.html

Looks to me like it's missing a zero. If not, we really need to pool our savings and buy it! How much fun would that engine be in an old 122?

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:29 pm 

http://calgary.craigslist.org/car/210475928.html

What is it with these prices? Surely that's not right either??

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:32 pm 

Location: Didn't learn, now renovating bathroom #2, and you think cars are expensive!!!
Pylon wrote:
http://calgary.craigslist.org/car/210475928.html

What is it with these prices? Surely that's not right either??

Holly shite, I will buy that in a second :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:30 pm 

Did you email him? I did but haven't got an answer yet...

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post subject: Re: Maybe a misprint?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:48 am 

Pylon wrote:
http://calgary.craigslist.org/mcy/210499781.html

Looks to me like it's missing a zero. If not, we really need to pool our savings and buy it! How much fun would that engine be in an old 122?

Looks to me that it's got a Florida plate, and there's an American flag in the background of one of those pix.

I'm thinking that it's a hoax, possibly a scam, possibly even a ruse. A way to grab email addresses for spam?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:19 pm 

I got a reply...

Quote:

Hi,

My name is Andrew Stevenson and I'm glad to hear that you are interested in my car.The car is in perfect condition ,no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage,no engine problems.The interior is brand new and has never been smoked in.
The problem is that I had to move with my family in Sweden where I got a new job transfer.As I am not available to meet you in person (due to my moving to Sweden) I will pay for the shipping costs.The car is still in the U.S. and it will be shipped from my brother-in-law back in Alexandria,VA.
So...I hope to obtain for my car $4000 US.
I have listed the car up for auction on eBay.I want to sell my car only on eBay as it is the largest and the safest automotive marketplace in the U.S.
Here is the item# 140033093831 of the auction.You can always access the auction by clicking on the link below:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0033093831

You will receive all the papers and documents(clear title,bills of sale,car's manual) to prove the ownership of the car.The clear title and the bill of sale will both be signed and they will be shipped together with the car ,so you can become the owner on the spot.Also this car will arrive with all the documentations required for registration and the keys.
You have nothing to worry about this deal because it will be done in a secure way.The most important thing in all my activities, is that I have a Purchase Protection Account for $20,000 and I assume you know what this means.
If you didn't hear about deals through eBay's Motors Vehicle Purchase Protection send me now your full name and address and eBay Motors will contact you with all the details regarding this transaction.I am ready to ship the car immediately so please contact me asap.
You can see more details about the Vehicle Purchase Protection on the eBay's Motors home page.
Thank you!

P.S. I need your correct full name and shipping address in order to contact eBay and start our deal in case you want to buy my car.
Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

eBay link is dead...smells muchly like a scam...

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:34 am 

To which I responded...

Quote:
I might be more interested if the eBay link you provided wasn't dead...

Perhaps you can email me pictures other then the ones in your Craigslist listing? Does your brother-in-law in VA have a phone number? I have friends in the area. Can I send someone to look at the car?

Thanks,

Dale

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:36 am 

He then responded this morning...

Quote:
Hello,

First of all i want to tell you that I can't do transaction in person or have anyone replace me so you can pick up the car.As I have told you in my previous e-mail the car is still in the U.S. back in Alexandria,VA.I spoke with my brother-in-law and he told me that he already paid for the shipping and that the car is ready for shipping.As I have already paid for shipping I can't lose that money.Anyway the Vehicle Purchase Protection Account with Ebay Motors which protects buyer against fraud up to $20.000 when using it to buy a car or any other vehicle.If anything goes wrong Ebay Motors will give you full refund of your money.You will be asked to send the money by wire transfer to eBay's Purchase Protection Account.As soon as i will hear from eBay with your payment confirmation i will start the shipping.After you will receive the car and they will be as i have told you and only if you are happy with the way they look ,you will then inform eBay to release the funds to me.I will receive the payment only with your approval after the car is delivered.The shipping will be free.Please let me know your full name and address in order to inform Ebay Motors about our transaction.

Thanks,

Andrew

Here's the auction link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0032583652

Hmmm...still smells like a scam but perhaps a little less so...

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:30 am 
747 Jet engine being stuffed into trunk

A guy who doesn't do a transaction himself is always a scam... :roll:

But usually, in the east, this scam is the other way, they want to buy used cars from here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

Ask him for his phone number in sweden. I'm more than willing to call him (since I am up past midnight (time difference)) and I speak swedish, just in case his english is as choppy as his emails... rofls

- R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:27 am 

Now I get a similarly worded response to the 'busa...

Quote:
Hello,
I'm the owner of 1300 SUZUKI HAYABUSA 2005 GXS on which you've recently show interest through craigslist.The bike is
in proper shape and in perfect running condition. The bike is flawless it has never been laid down and it has
a clear US title in hand. The price for the bike is $3,500 US shipping and handling included in price,
because I have my husband at DAS and I benefit by their services for free once per year. I am located in
London U.K now and it will be shipped from here. Shipping will be done via DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) and
it will take no more then 4 days (depending on your exact location). Since the bike is a US model and they
are different from the European models. I am practically giving it away but I don't have other choice.
The transaction will be made through SquareTrade as a third party in the deal for our own protection. In
case we will close this deal, you are protected by SquareTrade.Your funds will be 100% insured by SquareTrade
and I will be sure that I will receive the payment. One conclusion, we are protected! If you are interested in buying it please provide me your FULL NAME and SHIPPING ADDRESS so I can initiate the deal through Square Trade.
They will get in touch with you right after with all the instructions to follow.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Warm Regards!

Nice.... :roll:

We'll see what she says when I ask for her phone number so my brother can come and take a look... :P

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:28 am 

Heh...the Mustang eBay link is dead already...

I email the 'busa guy saying my wife would be bringing a money order to London with her when she comes in a week. I wanted to place insurance on the bike so I would be making the money order for an extra $2000. Please place insurance on the bike and refund my wike any extra in cash.

We'll see what he has to say about that... 8)

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:11 am 
Site Admin

lo0lololol

why the fuck are the nigerians on craigslist now?

can't they just stay in spam-mail-territory?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]