Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Darth's New Head
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:13 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

Been a little quiet around here for a while. I've been very busy on that damn list of to-do's around the house and haven't had any time to play with cars. Today's house project went completely to crap - so I decided I'd better get a cylinder head done for Darth that Athal needs done. Even this has had a few issues as the first head was cracked between valve seats and I had to wait for a good core to play with.

I've never done a 530 before and to be honest, I've not even looked at what others have done. It seemed much more straight forward than my 405 adventures in many different ways. The intake tracks are straight and the exhaust has some weird shelf area just behind the valve.

Here's what I came up with:
The start - a little red dye to stay away from the fresh three angle valve job.

Here's a look from the combustion chamber to the intake track. Other than a little restriction, it's straight out (or in as the case may be).

The sides need to be blended in and the short side radius needs cleaning up. That's about it.

Here it is done.

From the manifold view.

I spent a lot of time on the exhaust side. I turned the shelf into a blended fin and spent quite a lot of time trying to work out a decent flow path. I've got them polished to 400 - have a look see.

The fin can be seen here.

I didn't spend a lot of time on the photographs. Proof of the pudding will be when Athal get's it installed and gives it the beans. I think it will go as well as anything out there.

Post subject: Re: Darth's New Head
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:22 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

:shock:

I mean....

:shock:

I'll have to spend some time making sure the rest of the car can keep up with the head!!!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]