Change font size
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:22 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 50 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2006 V70R - the next export to SK?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:56 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

Oh wow! And this is the OEM factory kit then, with the Hella lights? Sure sounds like it. Damn, this is good news. I've contacted numerous sources, and everyone told me this wasn't available in North America. I tried sourcing it in Iceland when I was there this summer but couldn't, so was planning on getting it via a friend in Belgium.

If you can post the part number that would be much appreciated. And a link if possible. The Euro lights sound mighty tempting. I'm still trying to source the Euro Xenon's for my car as these current ones are so awful. For $1,200 I'd be tempted, as the dealership wants $1,700 each for my stock lights.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:18 pm 
Somehow completely sideways in 4th

Doesn't come with lights lights though - everything but.

Since we don't run front plates it'll look dumb, but if you ran a Euro plate on the front it might look OK. I don't even have holes in my bumper cover so I don't want to install unless I have too.

In the grill would be ideal even if I had to mod the grill, but I will try the DRL mod first as they are actually supposed to throw decent although diffused light with uprated bulbs.

Failing that I'll do some nice driving lights if I can figure out a nice way to mount them.

Rabin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:52 pm 

Part Number 30772053 "Attachment kit". Probably best to search Tasca for the current price.

Edit: http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-volvo/3077 ... r=30772053

$144.56 usd - memory wasn't too bad after all.

I just changed the Haldex filter without dropping anything - did it completely in situ... Not recommended - but luckily my buddy Rob who's garage I'm using loves specialty tools and he had just the right tools to get it done. Jordan will likely understand what that means...

Tried pulling the old oil out with a transfer pump with no luck, so will have to try a better end to get to the bottom of the housing. Oil was pretty darn clean, and likely didn't need it but such is the price of peace of mind.

Rabin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:57 am 

Thank you sir! You are a saint! Okay, so no lights are included with yours, but it does have the relay, harness, and more importantly, the correct factory console switch?

When I looked around I was able to find the lights no problem, but nobody could find me the bracket and associated wiring. FCP was still listing the lights until recently, although I might go with something larger:

Currently I have a front Euro plate mounted, and having seen the kit mounted, it is tucked in behind the plate quite nicely. I know what you mean about not wanting to drill holes in your bumper though. I'm hoping I don't have to, as mine already had two drilled from being a B.C. car.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:28 am 

Typically Swedish - the plate just doesn't use the plate mounts - there's 4-6 more holes needed with threaded extenders that screw into the beam behind for an exceptionally sturdy mount. Euro plate will cover nicely, but she's permanent once installed.

I was looking at the Hella ff300's should I use the bracket. I figured they'd best suit the car.

Still looking at grill mount, or DRL mods to keep the front end nice and clean.

Oh - I thought I ordered the 7 slot switch plate to replace the 3 slot currently in the car but no dice. I need to either cut two more holes in (did get a blank plug), or order in the plate.

Rabin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:05 am 

Drove the car today for the first time and it drives great so far. I skipped the whole transmission adaptation reset just to see what it was like and it feels perfect. Still need to get the car up to temp with Vida-Dice hooked up and then confirm all is good even when fully up to temp.

Driving home in Sport mode sure felt good though.

Also changed the bevel gear oil and went with Redline lightweight shockproof gear oil since it sees a lot of power transfer.

Fingers crossed this fixed the shift issue!

Rabin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:14 pm 

Quick update: Car shifts beautifully at WOT!

Been driving the car all week, and its shifting really well. Car is finally what I wanted it to be, and it was well worth the effort. Good thing too as I found out the front struts were starting to leak when I got the wheel alignment done and it'd suck if the shifting hadn't resolved.

Extra nice timing on swedespeed today: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread ... mplete-set

:D

Rabin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:53 pm 

Great to hear!

Did you score the shocks then? Smoking deal.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:01 pm 

Yup - got the shocks and the endlinks - deal was too good to pass up. Advert said obo so I offered $800 plus shipping. Just under $1k to Fortuna ND since exchange is crappy at the moment.

Now I need to buy some winter tires for both wagons so I can pick them up at the same time. Hakka 8's are my first choice but so spendy. General Altimax will be the budget comprimise...

Rabin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:02 pm 

Sweet!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:16 am 

bean wrote:

Now I need to buy some winter tires for both wagons so I can pick them up at the same time. Hakka 8's are my first choice but so spendy. General Altimax will be the budget comprimise...

Rabin

I've got access to a wholesale distributor in Calgary. I've done some price comps and they are close to Tire Rack on some stuff...in $CAD. Lemme know if you want to shop...

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:47 pm 

Thanks for the offer Dale - My buddy told me about www.tirebuyer.com and the prices are pretty darn good. On par with Tire Rack, but with coupon the shipping is free. Since I have to go down for the struts anyway - makes it a pretty good deal.

I will keep that in mind for the future though! (Unless they have a line on Nokian tires wholesale? )

Rabin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 pm 

Gonna need a size...

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:46 pm 

215-55-17 for the 06R (bit stretched - 235-45-17 is stock ), and 205-60-16 for the 00R.

Nokian Hakka 8's is my preferred tire but was told KalTire has exclusive rights in Canada on them? 2nd choice is General Altimax studdable tires.

My only must is studdable and I have access to the studder and studs if needed.

Thanks Dale!

Rabin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:34 pm 
First volvo in outer space

If you're doing the US shipping check out http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do? They are higher on some, and lower on others than the tirebuyer site you listed. Everything they sell ships free, whereas not everything tirebuyer sells does. Worth a look depending on the tire you select as one site is better on one but not another depending on the tire selected. Neither one sells Nokian though and I noticed DTD doesn't have the Altimax's.

Was going to suggest https://www.tiresbyweb.com/ for the Nokians and they ship for free in the US. But with the current exchange their prices are almost as much as Kal Tire.

66 122S (Garage Queen)
89 244 (Hers)
90 745Ti (Mine)
89 744 (SOLD/Bought back for other daughter)
78 242GT (Project... LOL)
91 244 (Don't Ask!!)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 50 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next