Change font size
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:57 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: dooorifffftoooo
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:38 am 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

Dsport DRIFT Series ROUND 3 - Final Round!!

Saturday Sept 2 at Calgary's own Race City.

The final round of the Dsport Drift series hits
Calgary September 2nd. This will be one of
the most exciting events of the summer, with
all the drivers focused on the top spot. Will
the top drivers be in Edmonton or Calgary??
Find out.

Gates open at 9am
Spectators $15

ciao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

Pro drifting all looks the same, and sucks to watch. Like nascar, it's boring. I love drifting, I love watching people learning it, or seeing people I know pulling a little sideways action. But pro guys with cars that can't go straight, infinite negative camber and crazy specifically go sideways mods ... bore me.

Meh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:07 pm 

Location: Didn't learn, now renovating bathroom #2, and you think cars are expensive!!!
RaZ wrote:
... sucks to watch. Like nascar, it's boring.

Meh

Them are fighting words :x
NASCAR is NOT boring :evil: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

Nascar is boring to watch, fun to do :)

- R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:51 pm 

Ian how can you be a nascar fan and a rally driver? that's like paris hilton saying turn the camera off, it just doesn't happen.

i dont know man, PRO drifters and these guys are a lil different...these guys are like just starting pro...you know?

i will be there if i am in town though...beats nascar :P

ciao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:49 am 

Gee, I don't know Vik... if you were a REAL car guy, you'd understand I guess. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:04 am 

Location: Didn't learn, now renovating bathroom #2, and you think cars are expensive!!!
Ugly Duck wrote:
Gee, I don't know Vik... if you were a REAL car guy, you'd understand I guess. :P

:supz: :supz: right on :supz: :supz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:57 am 

LOL.....that's rich

oh i understand it...and yeah i respect going 200mph in a oval...i am just stating for me...it's boring to watch

although the behind the scenes nascar shows that are coming out...i do watch those, i like to see/hear that stuff

ciao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:26 pm 

It's okay if you don't like Nascar - many truly don't. I hate organized "sport" drifting, but most of y'all know that. It just bugs me when people jump on the Nascar-Hating Bandwagon (tm) and bash them because they only turn left. Believe me, I've heard it all. Imagine what we're going to hear about it next year, with the new aero packages, LOL! http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/headlin ... index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

Ugly Duck wrote:
It's okay if you don't like Nascar - many truly don't. I hate organized "sport" drifting, but most of y'all know that. It just bugs me when people jump on the Nascar-Hating Bandwagon (tm) and bash them because they only turn left. Believe me, I've heard it all. Imagine what we're going to hear about it next year, with the new aero packages, LOL! http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/headlin ... index.html

So wait a minute... they are making NASCAR slower? wtf?

- R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:13 pm 

On the two big tracks they've got to cut nearly 400 horsepower off the engine to keep their speeds below 200 mph. On a couple of the smaller tracks they're edging above 200 mph, and pretty soon restrictor plates will be needed there too.

But what the plates do is take away SO MUCH horsepower that once the car gets out of the pack, it loses 10 mph down the straight. So all the cars bunch up and then nobody but the very front two or three cars have any aerodynamic help, and everyone is driving around on ice. Plus there's not enough control so that if someone in the pack does go sideways, nobody behind them can avoid the wreck. With the full 800-825 horsepower imagine how fast they'd go and how little control they'd have at Daytona or Talladega!

More downforce doesn't seem to be the answer, 'cause only the front guys benefit from that. Less horsepower doesn't seem to help either, 'cause then the drivers can't make the pass on the relatively short straights.

What they're trying to do is keep NASCAR from turning into F1, follow-the-leader-boring-as-hell racing. Passing, drafting, three-wide, and all that good stuff only comes from aerodynamic insensitivity. This car has been tested in groups and apparently does quite well in them. Also, the higher roof and more upright windshield allows for easier entrance/exit for the driver with the HANS device & helmet, or track worker/paramedic, in an emergency.

Personally I think NASCAR should square up these cars and limit the downforce/aero slipperyness, give them treaded bias-ply tires, allow 400 c.i. engines with a rev limit of 7500 RPM, and let them race! No aero and high slip angles mean that the GOOD drivers will win, and the big low speed engines will make enough torque to pass while keeping top speeds down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:15 pm 

Ugly Duck wrote:
... Personally I think NASCAR should square up these cars and limit the downforce/aero slipperyness, give them treaded bias-ply tires, allow 400 c.i. engines with a rev limit of 7500 RPM, and let them race! No aero and high slip angles mean that the GOOD drivers will win, and the big low speed engines will make enough torque to pass while keeping top speeds down.

I agree, the NASCAR of the future

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:31 pm 

Ugly Duck wrote:
What they're trying to do is keep NASCAR from turning into F1, follow-the-leader-boring-as-hell racing.

Ugly Duck wrote:

ahem...the pot calling the kettle black? :roll:

F1 rules...i would say it's more a race against the course, than other drivers...less than but along the lines of WRC, you know?

anyway...never ending debate

c ya tonight

ciao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:02 pm 

I still watch F1 faithfully, punk. It's still boring. And I scoff at your "race against the track" statement, when even the best driver can't pass one of the worst on certain tracks due to the fact that you can't get within 1/2 second of the guy in front without losing 100 hp and half your downforce.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:23 am 

Ugly Duck wrote:
I still watch F1 faithfully, punk. It's still boring.

that's funny :lol:

Ugly Duck wrote:
And I scoff at your "race against the track" statement, when even the best driver can't pass one of the worst on certain tracks due to the fact that you can't get within 1/2 second of the guy in front without losing 100 hp and half your downforce.

ehhhhhh yes on certain tracks...i'll agree with that

every racing series has different pro's and cons...i guess that if i watch it and it makes me smile, then i will watch it more, if i watch it and am not interested then, well, i dont watch it

i love watching the (dont know series name) with the porsche's, audi's, GTO's etc....C5's...that series whre the car's are real cars, just race prepped...kinda like teh Grp A Volvo was you know, BTCC etc. i dont know what the series is called but everytime it's on i love it!!!

i like F1 more to see the technology of the cars/engines/trans...sure a lot goes into the making of a 'nascar', but to me it's a fiberglass body with a (cue dukes of hazzard horn) "big ol' american V8, hyuk hyuk"

i mean when they pit and the guy comes out with a rubber mallet to "fix the aerodynamics"...that just makes me laugh...are you going to see Team Renault coming out of the garage with blue and yellow duct tape to fabricate a front wing :roll: i dont think so

just opinions though....

ciao

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next