Change font size
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: So long to Volvo's for awhile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:10 am 
Turbo'd and Intercooled!

Sad Day :(

Let me know if you know anyone that may be interested, and for anyone on the board, the price is very negotiable, I just want her to go to a good home...

Post subject: Re: So long to Volvo's for awhile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:35 am 
First volvo in outer space

I was intrigued when my kijiji alerts listed a 96 Platinum with a stick FS this morning so I clicked on the link... :shock: The irony is that last night I was thinking I meant to ask you on Sunday what your future plans were for the car, obviously this isn't what I expected.

GLWS, whoever gets your car is really getting something special. =D>

66 122S (Garage Queen)
89 244 (Hers)
90 745Ti (Mine)
89 744 (SOLD/Bought back for other daughter)
78 242GT (Project... LOL)
91 244 (Don't Ask!!)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:17 pm 
Cams + Headers

That's a sweet car man. Hope to see you again someday.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:13 am 
Turbo'd and Intercooled!

woodenshoes wrote:
I was intrigued when my kijiji alerts listed a 96 Platinum with a stick FS this morning so I clicked on the link... :shock: The irony is that last night I was thinking I meant to ask you on Sunday what your future plans were for the car, obviously this isn't what I expected.

GLWS, whoever gets your car is really getting something special. =D>

Thanks again Jim... appreciate the well wishes, and I too am still in a bit of shock...

ian strom wrote:
That's a sweet car man. Hope to see you again someday.

It was nice meeting you, one day... you never know...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:19 am 
Turbo'd and Intercooled!

Price dropped to $8,500 obo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:35 am 
Turbo'd and Intercooled!

Another price drop :( $7,700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:14 pm 
Cams + Headers

Hey I'm starting to get embarrassed about what I paid for my car!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:42 pm 
Turbo'd and Intercooled!

I don't know what you paid for yours, but this is getting embarrassing... The constant price drops, not one phone call just a bunch of useless emails.

At this point I'm tempted to say first 5000 gets it...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:57 pm 

Have you thought about evilbay?? I know it sucks, but for a heavily modded, special interest car the broader appeal is what you need, although I have to admit I'm a bit surprised at your lack of action in a city the size of Calgary. Maybe put it up with your bottom number for a reserve and see what happens, if you could sit on it for the winter and ebay it in the spring that would be ideal. I know it's frustrating but you've only been trying for a week, cars like this have a limited market and take more time, hang in there. :)

66 122S (Garage Queen)
89 244 (Hers)
90 745Ti (Mine)
91 244 (Don't Ask!!)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:56 am 
Turbo'd and Intercooled!

woodenshoes wrote:
Have you thought about evilbay?? I know it sucks, but for a heavily modded, special interest car the broader appeal is what you need, although I have to admit I'm a bit surprised at your lack of action in a city the size of Calgary. Maybe put it up with your bottom number for a reserve and see what happens, if you could sit on it for the winter and ebay it in the spring that would be ideal. I know it's frustrating but you've only been trying for a week, cars like this have a limited market and take more time, hang in there. :)

Not really interested in dealing with non Alberta buyers, for the headache involved its not worth the hassle... The problem is the car will be parked outside come November, as I get possession of my new vehicle. The plan was to get rid of both cars (My 07 Acura TSX, trade-in, is taken care of, all that's left is the Volvo), before the new car gets here...

I said it before, any legitimate CVC member, will get the car at a heavily discounted price. At this point, I just want it gone. I would rather it go to a good home where it is appreciated, but if isn't bought up by a Volvo enthusiast of some sort, then I will either discount even more or...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:57 am 
Turbo'd and Intercooled!

Winter Tires were put on this evening and price went down again...

$6,500.00 :shock:

The only reason I'm shocked, is I was in the midst of selling this car about 2 - 2.5 years ago (back then I did need the money, unlike this time around), before I joined CVC, and with the asking price at double where this is at now, I was getting considerably, a lot more interest than this time around, it is beyond shocking...

Car was modified but nowhere nearly as where it is right now, but even upgrades or mods aside, I cant believe how quickly the vehicle has depreciated.

I have an ongoing bet with the wife as to where we'll stop the bleeding???

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:20 am 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

Not a good time of year to be selling a high performance project car. Buy a cover for it and hold the price until spring. If you're not in a rush.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:20 pm 

I don't do the Facebook thing, but you might try contacting Darren at the Volvo Owners Of Edmonton and have him put it up on his site for some extra Alberta (Northern) coverage. He goes by DarrenK on here, but he hasn't been around for awhile, he was the guy driving the dark blue 244 at the 2010 cruise.

http://www.facebook.com/voeeca

66 122S (Garage Queen)
89 244 (Hers)
90 745Ti (Mine)
91 244 (Don't Ask!!)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:57 pm 
Turbo'd and Intercooled!

woodenshoes wrote:
I don't do the Facebook thing, but you might try contacting Darren at the Volvo Owners Of Edmonton and have him put it up on his site for some extra Alberta (Northern) coverage. He goes by DarrenK on here, but he hasn't been around for awhile, he was the guy driving the dark blue 244 at the 2010 cruise.

http://www.facebook.com/voeeca

I'm not on Facebook either so I'll probably resort to sending Darren a pm or maybe I'll make the trip up one of these days... Can't make it this month though...

swedishmeatball wrote:
Not a good time of year to be selling a high performance project car. Buy a cover for it and hold the price until spring. If you're not in a rush.

I agree with you a 100%. Timing is all wrong. And even though I don't want to keep it through out the winter, I might just have to.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:31 pm 
Turbo'd and Intercooled!

Car sold today, just minutes ago.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next