Change font size
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:39 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: lighting group buy feeler
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:20 am 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

Hey folks,

as most of you know, i need a new turn signal assembly. I'll probably just buy a pair so they're both nice and shiny. I may get some new tails while I'm at it as mine are pretty cracked and tails with double clear panels are available that look hawter.

http://stores.ebay.com/AutoLampsPlus

have to check how they'll ship (hopefully USPS to avoid brokerage fees) but wanted to see if anyone might want in to save on shipping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:55 pm 

I might be interested in a pair of early European 240 front turn signal lenses....but I want a legit set. The ones on the site there don't look like the Hella's. Do these guys sell OEM stuff, or is it all replicated?
Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:37 pm 

I might be interested in a set of late 965/V90 tails.

Greg, I think much of this stuff is replicated, but I can't be sure. I've bought some cheap euro blinker lenses before, but not from these guys, and they've all yellowed with age. There are a few guys on Tbricks who've bought from these guys, and they generally seem happy. If you want Hellas, you might need to go to Europe or Australia. Angus on Tbricks sells lots of stuff for quite reasonable prices - you can probably get a decent set from him. Not perfect, but better than the cheapos will look in 2 years. Again, not sure what Autolampsplus stuff is going to look like in 2 years...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:59 pm 

Hey matt, are those the same ones that dale got several years back? I had him get me a set too- just put them on the 242 as you've seen. Man, do they look sharp now, but if they fade as badly as the ones on your 244 :? ...have you tried the clearcoat fix?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:38 pm 

Hmmm....yeah, I think I'll spend the money and try to get the OEM stuff. Its pretty tempting at this point, but I only wanna buy once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:10 pm 

The ones that are on the blue car and on Dale's wagon are the same as the ones on your 242, if they're all the ones I bought about 5 years ago. Like I said, I don't know if Autolampsplus sells the same stuff as what I bought back then, but if so they'll fade and yellow in about 2 years. I haven't tried any clearcoat fix, but clearcoat isn't going to keep them from yellowing - it only fills in all the wee scratches and makes them shiny and dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:15 pm 
Hiring a japanese chess champion as ECU

I bought a turn signal from them back in probably 03 or somthing. It hasn't yellowed, but it has a bunch of diamonding already. It seems like the tiniest pebble will crack it.
They also wouldn't ship it across the boarder,. but that was like 3 years ago.

Jordan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:43 am 

Ok, i'm going to get this going. I need new front signals, got some tails coming from somewhere else already.

Matt, let me know what you want.

Anyone else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:15 pm 
Strapping on extra booster rockets

hmm, I am kinda "over" my 945ti...but a V90 back end would look pretty bitchen' on a white car.
Johnathan Dally (swedishiron.com) has some repro red/double clear/red tails on his 245ti and has had for a while. That car doesn't get driven tons and tons, but does sit outside plenty. His lenses are in quite good shape, but the fit and gasket seal is not as good at all with the reproduction tails according to him when he pointed that out while we were BSing at the PYP.
My 245 had OE tails at 300K and they were scratched and starting to crack, but not faded once I polished the scratches out of them. They were cibie. JD's repros were distributed through someone in finland IIRC and are eastern european, which is what I think autolampsplus' are.
My front amber/clear front turnies on my 245 were used and aftermarket, but looked great. No idea who made them, got them from a t-bricker.
I might be interested in a set of V90 tails price dependant if I have enough left after e-codes. Pity you can't replace the lenses on 7/9s, since an extra set would be nice.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]