Change font size
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:43 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Talking smack.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:12 pm 
Vmax 200mph w00t!

Ok, I have to do this or someone is going to get in huge trouble.

There was some talk about the Volvo dealership on another local site, one member slaged them pretty bad. I understand that everyone has a right to an opinion but this was alittle far.
Now normally this would go unnoticed but it just happened the owner of the dealership came across that post. He knows that I am into Volvo's and asked if I knew this person. I said I have met him but we did not hang out alot. He was not happy, even talking about lawsuits. I think I have difused the situation, he didnt seem as upset when he left.

Anyways, long story short. If you want to comment on a company just say you didnt like the service or what was done. If you start to spread stuff about a company they have the right to sue for defimation of character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:38 pm 
0-60 in VERY FAST

jebus!! glad you diffused the situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:54 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

It would appear that some folks just need to engage the brain prior to putting the fingers in motion. :roll: I really don't think that particular post was necessary...

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:58 pm 
Vmax 200mph w00t!

My post or the one i'm talking about?

It's not hard to find, just search for the dealership name and its the 3rd link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:13 pm 

Tyler wrote:
My post or the one i'm talking about?

It's not hard to find, just search for the dealership name and its the 3rd link.

The one you're talking about...

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

someone elaborate

searching for valentine on pshop or beyond results in radar or valentines day things, the cscc board same deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:23 am 

if it was the "bloodsucking" comment...i found on cscc...i dont think he can sue over that...anyway i have dealt with Valentine and visit it frequently and have no problems

anyway

just my thoughts

ciao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:41 am 
Site Admin

all stealerships are bloodsucking ignorant fuckers, i'd like it if all stealerships in the world sued me, it would be awesome.

No such thing as bad publicity ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:07 am 

Location: Didn't learn, now renovating bathroom #2, and you think cars are expensive!!!
We are all welcome to our opinions, but at times it is better to keep one's opinions to themselves

I also go to Valentine regularly and have not had any issues with them at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:44 pm 

Volvord wrote:
We are all welcome to our opinions, but at times it is better to keep one's opinions to themselves

Kinda what I was getting at.

Goes back to the whole consideration and respect issue... :roll:

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:14 pm 
Site Admin

Volvord wrote:

I also go to Valentine regularly and have not had any issues with them at all.

I'm sure the parts staff can find you parts, which is good. I'm also sure they overcharge for each and every part. And if you can find a salesman at ANY stealership who actually has a clue as to what forged internals are, the difference between 4 and 2 valves per cylinder, forced induction, how a catalytic converter works, what biodiesel is, the difference between unibody and frame, the difference between a shock tower and an a-arm suspension setup ... it'd be wonderful, because all ... and I mean _ALL_ used and new car salesmen i've ever had to deal with have been disgusting, pushy, annoying, ignorant, slick, cheap, greedy and last but not least overly jewelery-wearing.

:x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:38 pm 

Most of that isn't a problem with the dealership, it's a problem with "salesmen" in general. Most of them are in the business of making money. They could care less about the product they sell. They're salesmen, not mechanics. They'd sell ice to an Eskimo if they thought they could make any money at it. Keep in mind, this is coming from a "salesman". I just happen to have 20 years experience in my particular field and know more about it than most people.

I happen to know people who own a Ford dealership in Regina and can tell you they are some of the most honest and up-front people I have the pleasure of knowing...

I don't think it's fair to group all dealerships together. Sure, there are some bad ones. I'm sure there are just as many, if not more, good ones...Just like salesmen...

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:42 pm 
Strapping on extra booster rockets

yea ive had a great experience with valentine, I always used to deal with tommy(i think) hes a good guy and knows his stuff, so no complaints here! I think how they treat you also has alot to do with how u present yourself/your attitude when u go there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:04 pm 

Location: Didn't learn, now renovating bathroom #2, and you think cars are expensive!!!
Pylon wrote:
Most of that isn't a problem with the dealership, it's a problem with "salesmen" in general. Most of them are in the business of making money. They could care less about the product they sell. They're salesmen, not mechanics. They'd sell ice to an Eskimo if they thought they could make any money at it. Keep in mind, this is coming from a "salesman". I just happen to have 20 years experience in my particular field and know more about it than most people.

I happen to know people who own a Ford dealership in Regina and can tell you they are some of the most honest and up-front people I have the pleasure of knowing...

I don't think it's fair to group all dealerships together. Sure, there are some bad ones. I'm sure there are just as many, if not more, good ones...Just like salesmen...

Exactly, several points (again)

I have managed a dealership and can tell you that if they were as bad as you say they would be out of business, they are honest and work within the perameters that the manufacturer set. Dealerships actually have very little say in pricing, policy, etc.

I agree with Dale on salesmen, most are paid on a 100% commision structure. but I have to say recently we went into Valentine to look at S40 & V50, the salesaman was great, knew the product, no pressure, a very refreshing experience.
When I worked at Chrysler if we sold a Neon and the purchase was made on American Express we actually lost money on the sale, zero profit. I can tell you horror stories from the dealership side, it is a very tough business.

And finally not all parts are over-priced. As an example I bought new bolts for the diff main caps, yes special Volvo bolts that were ordered in. I could have used ARP or even parts bin grade 8, but why would I when the factory bolts only cost me $1.04 each, far cheaper than any alternative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:23 am 
Site Admin

All valid arguments, and I think its very good that there are a few good apples amongst the rotten mess I mainly see as being dealerships. Salesmen are terrible, I just find the car/used car salesmen to be exceptionally awful :)

Ian: Its great that those bolts are a buck each, hell, thats a damn good price I think :) - But try and measure dealership prices on headlights, oil change, clutch cable, engine wiring harness (if they can even get you one?) ...

Meh, I guess I'm too used to being screwed pricewise by dealerships, I might be completely jaded actually :) - I mean, I've called dealerships for parts before and almost had a heart attack

two really wonderful audi examples:
Refurbished Power Steering pump: $849 not including tax or installation
Dash trim (the wooden ish looking one): $579 + tax

Found both from other parts sellers for collectively less than 100 CAD shipped.

Theres gotta be similar horror stories that go for Volvo dealerships

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next