Change font size
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 12:21 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Pegasus rims on a 240- how much?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:43 pm 
Strapping on extra booster rockets

So im liking the look of these on 240s more and more, but how much is this conversion, im planning on keeping the GT indefinately so in the next couple years i would like to save up for a set of these, as far as ive seen if i keep the stock brake setup im going to need the following:

1) 25mm spacers
2) pegasus rims (probably the 18s i like that size)
3) and rubber to go with it

am i missing anything? i know it varies on where i would get the stuff and what rubber i go with, but could someone(matt ur doing this right? ) give me a clue as to how much i would be looking at to do this, assuming i go with decent rubber. This summer is engine in and suspension tuning, next year is a decent paint job and hopefully some peggies!

oh and if im going to go with ipd lowering springs i will probably have to roll the fenders right? or no?

Last edited by J-Hop on Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:45 pm 

oh and matt if ur going to have pegasus'(or pegasai?) on ur 240 i hope u dont mind if i go for a similar look?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:38 pm 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

Matt's not running Peg's...they're Tethys, but the issues are similar. You'll need 25mm spacers in the front just to correct offset. Depending on the tire you decide to run, you may need more spacer to keep them off the strut tube. You'll need minimum 25mm spacers in the rear and should probably go with 32's. Again, it depends on the rubber you plan to run as you'll use your spacer to keep it from rubbing on the inside but you may also want to push them out to the fender arches. I'm not sure I'd go with 18's though. 17's will get you a little rubber between the road and the rim. 18's will get you a rubber band... With 17's you can go with 215/45/17 tires. I got mine out of the US on eBay for $199US for 4 plus shipping...

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:40 pm 

matt's getting/ has tethy's...

umm for your question Jon, look on ebay, people "fix" them up and sell singles all the time...might be an easier way to get them over time, but getting a whole set at once will be cheaper IMO...

decent rubber?? when you need some talk to the guy at mytires.ca...or tirerack.com

my suggestions anyway

ciao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:01 am 

thanks for the info so far guys, yea im still debating between the 17 and 18s the 18s just look so good IMO and huge! but yea like u said dale ill be rollin on a rubber band in that case, and the rubber would probably be more expensive. yea ill keep an eye out on ebay for them 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:26 am 

Like the guys above said, you'll need spacers at the very least. 25/25 would work, but 32s in the rear will help counter the goofy narrow rear syndrome all 240s have. Dale can hook you up with those easily enough.

The tires - yeah, they're all over. Dale got his Hankooks for $199 plus $80 shipping (if I'm not mistaken) and then we picked them up from the US, and I got my Dunlops for $345 shipped to anywhere in the US, again picked up. You might be able to get them shipped to a hotel in Sweetgrass and drive down for the day - Dale and I had help on this.

FWIW, Anand at My Tires left a pretty bad impression the last time I dealt with him. It took him twice as long just to get the tires I wanted, and then he installed the wrong tires onto my rims and sent my rims down to a customer in Lethbridge instead of his own. When I finally got them back, with the right tires installed, I didn't even get an apology much less a price adjustment. Anand also NEVER returns phone calls, or phones you to let you know your stuff's done.

Tire Trends in BC is cheaper than My Tires, and has your tires shipped out to you in a couple days. Plus they're Canadian, so there's no hassles with the border or any of that junk. I think you know someone who can mount tires for you...

Also FWIW, my Dunlop FM-901 215/45x17 were $86 USD each. That's roughly $100 CAD. Tire Trends' price on these tires are $185 CAD.

Now for the wheels. Aside from your choice of wheel, which I'm not particularly fond of, all I have to say is to stick with 17s in Calgary. You'll bend the snot out of 18s and 40 series rubber. And yes, both the rims and especially the tires will be far more expensive. Those refurbished wheels are almost as expensive as buying them from the dealer, once you deal with shipping/exchange, so I probably wouldn't go that way. Apparently in the US you could get Pegs for under a grand a set from the dealer, brand new without all the concerns that come with repairing wheels. Tyler can probably hook you up with a set of 17s right now - Valentine has a set of Pegs and winter tires for $2400, and Tyler wants the rubber so he can probably cover some of that cost... Either way, you're going to be spending a lot of $$$ on wheels.

FWIW #3 - I got my used-but-straight Tethis wheels for $600 USD, and Dale got his 17" wheels (non-Volvo) for under $200. If you're stuck on Pegasus, it's going to cost you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:24 pm 

thanks again for the awesome info, yea i really like the pegs, and i was actually just at the dealership today and took a look at the pegs they have for 2400, i did see a pair of them go on turbobricks for 600 for the set so im going to keep my eyes peeled for some deals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:31 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-NEW-17 ... dZViewItem

He's got some 18's as well for more $

Not a bad price for 4...

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]