Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Calgary for the weekend..
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:24 pm 
0-60 in VERY FAST

Hi guys,
Gonna be in Calgary Sat and Sun most of the day,
I think I got the wagon fixed....has been a slow process of wiring issues, mostly Tps sensor and grounds...
so,I am running it down,we will see what becomes of it,AMA is paid up :)
Anything going on ? or is everybody busy ?

Post subject: Re: Calgary for the weekend..
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:54 pm 
Hiring a japanese chess champion as ECU

I'm headed down Saturday late afternoon for the night and Sunday to strip down a 245... Thats all I know!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:43 am 
Haha, I just built a W24 Octo-Turbo, now what?!

I'll be over at Dale's helping Dale and Jordan on Sunday, otherwise a little busy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:17 am 

We'll be around Saturday evening and, as Matt said, working Sunday on stripping a 245. If you want to swing by either day, feel free...

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:50 am 
0-60 in VERY FAST

Sorry guy's...just never seemed to get any free time.My friend,with his kids and my daughter kept us busy. Did get to
go for a ride in the later evening,I have no idea where he took me,but,went to see a couple of his buddies,one guy with matching silver Datsun roadsters,and the other guy (bragg creek rings a bell ) with an assortment of eclectic vehicles, Porsche's(a few..), nsx,70's celica,frazer nash,1800 es, a 69 airstream.....By the time we got back,was after 11. Sunday was kids day,took in a few sites and sounds,and before you know it..was time to head home.
Did get to spend some time behind the wheel of his supercharged NSX (this is exotica compared to my 245...) I know not quite like your experiences Dale,but for me :). Surprised me on how easy it was to drive,visibility is good,and it is very comfy, considering it is 22 yrs old,the ride quality was very good.
Would have liked to help out a bit,have a visit, But, not this time. So, did you get what you needed Jordan ?
When are we gonna see the recipient of all these parts ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:56 am 
Hiring a japanese chess champion as ECU

I got the block I wanted. the 245 I bought from Victoria should be here in 2 weeks. I'm going to probably save this engine for the 242 that I will one day bring out here... Have to finish building my garage before I can do that... Progress is slow on that front!!

Glad you had a good trip, I did as well.... Got to see the cool things Dale gets to see on a daily basis! Amazing

Jordan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:29 pm 

frepea wrote:
other guy (bragg creek rings a bell ) with an assortment of eclectic vehicles, Porsche's(a few..), nsx,70's celica,frazer nash,1800 es, a 69 airstream.....By the time we got back,was after 11. Sunday was kids day,took in a few sites and sounds,and before you know it..was time to head home.
Did get to spend some time behind the wheel of his supercharged NSX (this is exotica compared to my 245...) I know not quite like your experiences Dale,but for me :). Surprised me on how easy it was to drive,visibility is good,and it is very comfy, considering it is 22 yrs old,the ride quality was very good.

I know that guy. His name is Erik. I see him and one of his cars every Tuesday. Not sure where he lives. What's his 1800ES like? He keeps telling me about it but I've never seen it.

'67 123GT
'67 122s
'99 AMG E55T

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:17 pm 
0-60 in VERY FAST

Yeah that's his name, was told he was something to do with the Porsche club,which would explain his collection of same. The 1800 was parked under a hoist(his lockup is kinda full...) so couldn't really check it all out,what I saw looked nice.Its two tone paint(dark green/light green met ?? ) with some modern wheels on,I think that one he told me came from California,He will sell it..wants round $10900 for it,to steep for me. IIRC it needs some work...heater core ?,maybe something else too,I did notice a crack in what looks like filler on the pass side fender by headlight,otherwise looks presentable.
Had a 77 Celica Liftback,more in my range...very nice on top,He bought it for a family member,but apparently after driving it home (BC I think..) it wouldn't pass inspection because they didn't like the way the frame at the front was repaired.
Told me it wasn't major,just not something He is gonna fix. Wanted $1500 for that.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]