Change font size
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: The Newer Volvo Thread, R, XC etc.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:25 pm 
Hiring a japanese chess champion as ECU

That pretty interesting. As far as I know they're just accelerometers. Maybe now because they're mounted on the body, they're only measuring the acceleration of the body after hitting a bump rather than the acceleration of the shock?

I know someone at work with a v70r. I may be able to convince him to try it out just so I can experience it myself. Also my dad just picked up an 07 xc70 that came in on trade, maybe I will try it on his car when I'm out in bc in a few weeks.

Post subject: Re: The Newer Volvo Thread, R, XC etc.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:14 pm 
Somehow completely sideways in 4th

Accelerometers are exactly what they are, and thats exactly what moving it to the body does. Since the body is so much slower to react to an impact the damping rates in the shocks stay much more consistent and it's actually allowing the strut to absorb the bump without reacting to the impact with stiffer damping.

Its a super simple mod as I just unbolted it from the strut and used the bracket mount for the abs/4C wires and a "V" shaped sheet metal bracket so that I could keep the sensor level.

Funny thing I forgot to mention is that I'm either getting used to the seats, or the increased comfort had actually made the car that much more comfortable. Previously I could only do 1-2 hours before my butt would get uncomfortable. This last trip was totally fine and I was plenty comfy after 3 hours.

Rabin

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2